Does anybody know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody know...

if its possible to drill, tap and stud aspire drums for a 4.5" bolt pattern? I'd love me some real rear brakes but dont want two different bolt patterns...
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

I'm sure you could take them to a machine shop and have it done. may have to weld more material in there on the backside.
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
      if its possible to drill, tap and stud aspire drums for a 4.5" bolt pattern? I'd love me some real rear brakes but dont want two different bolt patterns...
      I don't know if there's enough "meat", but if there is, why not simply drill them and put regular wheel studs in?

You just wanna run Falcon wheels don't you....Yup, I know your plan..LOL

Comment

you could use GLC rear brakes...?
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Nobody has documented a rear brake upgrade for a festy beam.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

My swap is done with a drilled out festy beam and aspire hubs mounted.
            89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
            My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

You mean spindles? So whats the difference between that and just throwing an aspire beam in?
              91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Really I have no idea. It seemed easier to do it this way. A couple good drill bits and a few hours of time and bam the rear can be swapped. Drilling the holes out can be a pain if you dont have a good sharp drill bit.
                Last edited by 91_festy_Gl; 09-09-2010, 09:55 AM.
                89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                  You mean spindles? So whats the difference between that and just throwing an aspire beam in?
                  If you use the Aspire beam there is no drilling required plus you get the added benefit of the big fat torsion bar-ish beam that runs the length of the Aspire axle to help stiffen the rear end The Aspire unit bolts right up, the only reason I could see not to use it would be if it was damaged or if you just flat out didn't have it, just had the spindles.
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                    If you use the Aspire beam there is no drilling required plus you get the added benefit of the big fat torsion bar-ish beam that runs the length of the Aspire axle to help stiffen the rear end The Aspire unit bolts right up, the only reason I could see not to use it would be if it was damaged or if you just flat out didn't have it, just had the spindles.
                    Check my build thread for an alternative to swapping the Aspire beam if you can't obtain/afford an Aspire beam. The rear threaded bar on page 3 of my build is a perfect substitute/addition to an Aspire rear beam!
                    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

^^^ wasn't meaning to knock the use of a Festiva beam, I had to drill one to accept Aspire spindles once myself when the Aspire I got my spindles off of was wrecked and the axle was bent. My statement above was more directed at the idea that redrilling a Festiva beam was easier than using the Aspire beam, which in my opinion if you have the Aspire beam, its much easier to install everything as a unit rather than remove and redrill
                      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                      X