Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

calling all fast festivas.... what tires do you run on the street?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
    i found some sumitomo 215/50/13's im gonna try
    Looks like you've got a lot of stuff going for you already. I know those LSD's are expensive, but it might be your last shot if you can't get anything put down with the new 215's. You might even need to go stiffer in the back in terms of springs... I know a lot of FWD guys who get ridiculously beefy separate spring/shock assemblies that they throw on when they hit the track.

We are building the worst idea ever used in a drag race -- a FWD drag car. Last year the car went 8.8 @ 167 and now we are building a new chassis to the SFI 25.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

finally installed my 215/50/13's. didnt have enought time to get the tire pressure right for the track... started at 45psi then 43 then 40 then 38. on 38 psi i hit a 13.4@106mph with a 2.3 60' and blew apart one of my spider gears in my diff there was less than 1000 miles on the rebuild... took it back to the shop and im hoping to have in back in the morning.

im putting my camber to 0* and start at 38psi next week...
      Last edited by fastivaB6TG25MR; 11-04-2010, 08:45 PM.
      I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

it wasnt 1 spider gear. it was all 4 ripped the teeth right off of em

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
          finally installed my 215/50/13's. didnt have enought time to get the tire pressure right for the track... started at 45psi then 43 then 40 then 38. on 38 psi i hit a 13.4@106mph with a 2.3 60' and blew apart one of my spider gears in my diff there was less than 1000 miles on the rebuild... took it back to the shop and im hoping to have in back in the morning.

im putting my camber to 0* and start at 38psi next week...
          Just curious man... what sort of wheels do you have on there again? And how's the fitment... I assume a 215 tire needs a 7-9" wheel, so you must have something big on there!
          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Try slipping the clutch and not dumping it at 5.5k...

I have had best luck with hoosier r25a road race tires.

i think the size i fit on my vx's was 22.7x7.3x13

V black car V
            Last edited by festivaWES; 11-09-2010, 06:49 PM.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
            ---------------------------------------------------
            BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

im runnin 13x6.5" enkei's... the 215's bubble out a bit...kinda looks like a quad tire... and i launch at 1800rpm...

Comment

I used to run some a032r race compound tires on mine. Hooked well on the street but only lasted a summer. Ran in the high 12s with them

Comment

correction on the wheel size... i think they may be 13x5.5's

Comment

I had the toyo proxxes t1r tire size was 195-45-15, this tires are really soft and do not grip at all..I used to chirp them on 4th gear anytime i wanted, this was with passengers in the festiva.
                    They did not last very much, price was not that good either..at first I had 195-50-13 sumi, this were a joke on my car..no grip at at all..
                    Wish we could run a drag radial without much problems.
                    06 vw Bora
                    09 Nissan Versa
                    fastest B6T is back!!!
                    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

iam run drag radials 205 55 r14s and they hook really good jegs is the place to go

Comment

Working...
                      X