No announcement yet.

Not again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This, in my mind, has always been the biggest PITA about Festivas. Why the front spindles/rotors couldn't be like most other cars is one thing I could never understand. This is why both of my Festies will ultimately be rockin' Aspire components.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
    88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
    88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
    06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva_tunner View Post
      Youll need the rotunda bearing preload tool to order the proper spacer - old hub with new bearings can mean a new spacer every once and a while you get lucky and its the same one - more likely you will be one or two spacers different - also spacers can differ from side to side as well

Borrow the tool - take em to a shop that has the tool or find one on eBay I see them all the time
      Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post
      So using the spacers that originally come with the knuckles wont work? My old hubs are shot because my brother used the tap in studs insted of the screw in studs for the conversion. The holes are bored out so there un-usuable. I guess this still means I need to replace the whole assymbly? This is getting rediculous. Atleast I have another BP swapped festy to drive. Im buying my brothers fester for 650. BP swapped with F-series hydro.
      the spacers are for the hub...not the bearing....the bearing is machined to very close tolerances so as long as you use the spacer that goes to the old hub....in the old hub and put in the new bearings....you will be good
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Ya ill just replace the whole front aspire swap. This is to nerve racking. I cant believe something so simple and dumb can cause this problem. 150+ bucks on bearings and come to find out a spacer is causing all this trouble. Stupid!
        89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
        My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

i'll have some knuckles for you and shipped this week, couldn't locate the ones i thought i had stashed. PM me your address.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
            i'll have some knuckles for you and shipped this week, couldn't locate the ones i thought i had stashed. PM me your address.
            Pm'ed and THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post
              Ya ill just replace the whole front aspire swap. This is to nerve racking. I cant believe something so simple and dumb can cause this problem. 150+ bucks on bearings and come to find out a spacer is causing all this trouble. Stupid!
              honestly its not a big deal if you do them right the first time. I did mine without a press, just gotta be 100% sure you don't forget the preload spacers.
              89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
              94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
              2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
              1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                honestly its not a big deal if you do them right the first time. I did mine without a press, just gotta be 100% sure you don't forget the preload spacers.
                Ya, I have done them right several times just never noticed the spacer missing or even knew there was a spacer. What did it was me using new hubs that didnt have the spacer. Thats why I didnt know about them.

Comment

Working...
                X