Finally got some 13" rims!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got some 13" rims!

I was about to go to a junkyard and pay $40 for a set of metro steelies, but then a guy came up to me in school and told me he had these! Got them for $80 bucks, I don't think that was to bad, only think I'm scared of is that they wiegh 17 pounds each and they are chrome. Whatcha guys think? I'm mounting tires on them Monday so I'll get some install pics then. Anyone know anything about them? I can't find anything written into them at all.

-Josh R

Think I saw a set just like that on an old nissan sentra at the jy a while back. What's the width? Oh yeah, are the 4x100 or 4x114?
    Last edited by lanemeyer14; 12-17-2010, 05:25 PM.
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

^about 6.5"
      -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
        ^about 6.5"
        Are you talking about total outside width or from bead seat to bead seat?

I have a set close to that on my '89. Only they're all chrome/rust. They were on the car when I bought it so I don't have any info to offer on the manufacturer. Fact is the tires haven't been dismounted since I've owned it.

Comment

they look awesome!!! i love em

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

when i work at national tire and battery ( sears owns them ) we sold rims like that chrome lips or just gloss black or white i had a set on my VW fox rally car but switched to Zracing alumininumnumnumnmumnmumnmunmsss cuz they were less than half the weight
            Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

center bore looks way to big for our cars..but that is still doable if you do it right.....what did you say the bolt pattern is?
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                center bore looks way to big for our cars.
                Agreed, makes the bolt pattern look like that of a golf cart.
                -Donny
                -1992 Festiva GL
                B6D/E-series.
                -1991 GL
                BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

was rereading and am confused...you say you were looking for metro steelies but you have the aspire swap listed in your sig. Those are 2 different bolt patterns...
                  "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  There ain't no rest for the wicked
                  until we close our eyes for good.
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

^haha, my sig is what will be done to my car eventually. I have already tried these wheels on, the bolt pattern is correct for a stock festiva, yes the center bore is quite big, but I've read that that isn't that big of a deal, I have already converted to stud/lugs. And yes, from outside to outside.
                    -Josh R

Comment

Well after Monday, bolt 'em on and run 'em. Nice find.

Comment

Just for comparison, my 13 X 5.5" VW alloys are 15 pounds and the 14 X 5.5" Miata steelies are 18 pounds.

If you are measuring from far side to far side at 6.5", they would probably be considered 6" wide wheels, methinks.

At any rate, yeah, they're kinda heavy. If you plan on running some 185s or wider tires they might be worth it though. And if you simply like the looks, then go for it! They do look kinda cool to me. I'd put on 185/60-13 Sumitomos. I hope the offset works okay.

Karl
                        Last edited by Safety Guy; 12-18-2010, 08:10 AM.
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I'll be putting 205-60-13 tires on here, so I might have to switch to aspire rear struts in order for them not to rub. But I've got them and ready to put them in if need be! I'm excited!
                          -Josh R

Comment

-Josh R

Comment

Looking good! Tell us how those 205/60s fit! Are they new?

How do they do in the snow, too?

Karl
                              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                              X