Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this looks interesting

how much stiffer is this festy suspension? :

Probably alot I'm about to do tie in that same point, LCA mount to mount, seems like a serious weakness of the Festy body... -Kyle
    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

We can manufacture some nice ones if we get 5 or more ppl.

Comment

I'd be up for one if the price is right.
        The Festiva Store
        Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

count me in..

Comment

I bought 1" .095" thick pipe to make the brace out of and some 3/16" plate steel for the actual end pieces... I will be making the brace tomorrow. I'll post pics when completed and probably make a short how-to... -Kyle

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Comment

Tim Deronne has been using that on his road racing Festiva for years!
              * Retired Festiva-er*
              1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
              B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Ill start a list for lower Brace: If you want one pm me and all add your name.

The first questions what is the max you would pay for one. Say if it was a very nice peice. Tig welded perfect fit powder coated Black silver blue etc.

More ppl better quality material and lower price will go.

I can save weight and make it super strong. can do even carbon fiber or titanium but what you guys want to pay will determine materials.

Thanks

Comment

Very interesting........ I like

Comment

Would aluminum work well as a material?

What about galvanic reactions between different metals if it were aluminum? Would a very thin "gasket" protect the joint?

I'm worried about two things:

-hitting something with this low bar that might mess up the LCA bolts or mounts

-the thickness of the bolt mounting plates: would we/should we use slightly longer LCA pivot bolts for this, or does it matter?

I'm definitely interested in putting one of these on my future "Speedstiva."

I'd pay maybe $70 to $90 for a powdercoated one? Cheaper for steel, a little more for aluminum.

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

No problem with aluminum, I would suggest best material, chromoly as its strong and only has to be half the thickness of steal to have the same strength.

Let me know, I will work out a deal if some more ppl are interested.

Comment

Count me in for one, I'll pay the price for a near perfect one :wink:
                        Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

Ok well I just finished mine, right now it's not "pretty" but tomorrow once I sand it down again and paint it, it will look awesome and it fits perfectly.
                          For me the idea was to make a brace that connects the 2 U rails that run the length of the car and finally end at the LCA mounting points. I did NOT actually use the LCA mounts to mount mine. My brace will be 2 inches behind that so I will not need to get a longer bolt and essentially does the same thing. The brace is TIG welded and is very very strong. Also since I am going to be drilling through both sides of the U channels, I made some spacers for inside the "U" so that when I tighten the nut and bolt down the U channel will not be destroyed. Now if there is interest in my piece I can produce them this summer (May-June) they would be made out of mild steel as mine was for $30-40+shipping with an arrangement of colors (although I am not flashy so I will be painting mine flat black) which will include the brace just as mine is along with all the hardware necessary to install it. -Kyle

Here are the pics of it:

Comment

I'll get the final pictures of it installed tomorrow once it's all set to go on..

Comment

Ok, I finished painting and bought the rest of the hardware. The pictures are up on the link... Let me know what you think. -Kyle

Comment

Working...
                              X