Aspire differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire differences

Is there any suspension differences between the 2 and 4 door aspires? And the hubs have the same spline count between manual and auto right?
    Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Never messed with the suspension much, but Napa doesn't show different struts (front or back) between the 2 and 4 doors, all seem to use the same struts. As for the hubs, yes, they are the same. The only difference is the rotors and calipers. I bought the whole front assemblies off an auto Aspire once and about 3 years later finally got around to installing them but by that time the bearings were toast because they were sitting in the carport and water got in them so I didn't use them. I pulled everything off the auto hubs and picked up a good pair of manual hubs from the jy. Auto rotors and calipers bolted right up to manual hubs, no issues.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Cool, that makes me happy ha. I see you have a Miata...drove one for the first time last night and they are sweet!! I'm 6'1" and 225 but I fit in it pretty well.
      Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

6'3" 220 here, and we took in on a 2000 mile roadtrip last august for our wedding and honeymoon, they aren't too small, just not much room for luggage in the trunk lol
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by ShagFestiva View Post
          Is there any suspension differences between the 2 and 4 door aspires?
          BTW, I can tell you firsthand that the 2000 & 2001 Kia front struts, springs & strut mounts are similar as well. I just installed a set into an Aspire with no modifications necessary.

Comment

Besides the obvious differences, the only main difference I know of between 2 and 4 door Aspires would be the gas tanks. The 2 door is the same unit used in FI Festivas while the four door tank won't work.

Does anyone know if the e brake cables are the same between 2 and 4 door Aspires? I would guess they are the same, but I'm not sure.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
              Besides the obvious differences, the only main difference I know of between 2 and 4 door Aspires would be the gas tanks. The 2 door is the same unit used in FI Festivas while the four door tank won't work.

Does anyone know if the e brake cables are the same between 2 and 4 door Aspires? I would guess they are the same, but I'm not sure.

Karl
              I might be able to measure the e-brake cables on both. I'm guessing something in it would have to be longer because of the extended wheelbase.

Also, the 2-doors all had manual steering, while 4-doors could come with power steering. But that really is the only other major thing that I know of under the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Aspire View Post
                I might be able to measure the e-brake cables on both. I'm guessing something in it would have to be longer because of the extended wheelbase.

Also, the 2-doors all had manual steering, while 4-doors could come with power steering. But that really is the only other major thing that I know of under the car.
                I think my 1995 2-door Aspire SE has P/S; I'll check tmw.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

The 4 door automatics have stiffer springs than the 2 door manual or 4 door manual.

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
                  1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
                  R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
                  00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
                  03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
                  pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
                  Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
                  Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                    I think my 1995 2-door Aspire SE has P/S; I'll check tmw.
                    Oops, nope I don't have P/S.
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

All of my 2 door Aspire haven't had PS. My current 97 does and is very nice to have!
                      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Originally posted by ericsmith32 View Post
                        All of my 2 door Aspire haven't had PS. My current 97 does and is very nice to have!

Yeah, they don't put the PS in the 2 doors & when the strut mounts start to get old it takes a lot of muscle to turn the wheel.

That's why I installed the Kia strut mounts; they have roller bearings instead of bushings...at slow speeds, I can whip the car around with a lot less effort.

Comment

I just put the 2-door & 4-door emergency brake cables together...if anyone cares...the 4-door is about an inch longer & has a different type of mounting system for routing next to the gas tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Aspire View Post
                            Also, the 2-doors all had manual steering, while 4-doors could come with power steering.
                            I Want to add that I think P/S was only an Option on 4 Door Automatic Transmission Equipped Aspires Only? but I may be Wrong

Comment

Aspire wrote:

"I just put the 2-door & 4-door emergency brake cables together...if anyone cares...the 4-door is about an inch longer & has a different type of mounting system for routing next to the gas tank."

Thanks Aspire! Good to know.

Karl
                              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                              X