Aspire differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since it came up in this thread.
    I just measured the rear coils on a 2-door manual & a 4-door automatic. They are exactly the same; I believe it was 9.38mm.

I also measured the back on a Festy, but I don't remember how much thinner. It could have been 1mm thinner

Comment

Aspire: if i do find a pristine rust free aspire e brake on a 4 door its still ok to buy it correct just take the aspire mount or self tap screw my own stuff? You are not talking about the business end on the beam or actual brakes right?
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
        Aspire: if i do find a pristine rust free aspire e brake on a 4 door its still ok to buy it correct just take the aspire mount or self tap screw my own stuff? You are not talking about the business end on the beam or actual brakes right?
        Business ends are all the same & being that the 4-door is longer, this shouldn't be an issue either.

The mount that is different is the "L"-bracket that is on the 2-door gas tank. On the 4-door it it uses a nylon lock of sorts, but most guys would be able to rig something up, since this bracket isn't really critical for anything besides holding the cable up from the road.

If it was me, I would just buy the 4-door one & just use a nylon zip-tie to hold it to the tank.

Comment

Working...
        X