Buying a aspire brake swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a aspire brake swap?

So there is a guy here around me that is parting out a aspire, I asked about buying the whole brake system and MC, he said $50 and its all mine. Good deal?

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
    91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Yeah get the front sway bar too!
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by devon527 View Post
      So there is a guy here around me that is parting out a aspire, I asked about buying the whole brake system and MC, he said $50 and its all mine. Good deal?
      No, it's not a good deal. It's a GREAT deal!!!
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Awesome! I didn't know if it was worth it, but I looked around and saw people paying 100+ so I'm gonna buy it!

Comment

Go forth and multiply your braking system, my son, with crazy cheap Aspire parts!!

(Ask about the Aspire wheels, too. May as well get them for a spare set if you need 'em.)

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
            Go forth and multiply your braking system, my son, with crazy cheap Aspire parts!!

(Ask about the Aspire wheels, too. May as well get them for a spare set if you need 'em.)

Karl
            I didnt even think about the wheels! Thanks, that would save me some time trying to find wheels. I think I will buy them with my next paycheck!

Comment

Good deal man!
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
              The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
                Yeah get the front sway bar too!
                Is there something better about the aspire front sway bar?

Comment

Originally posted by devon527 View Post
                  Is there something better about the aspire front sway bar?
                  I believe they are more stiff, so better handling.
                  Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                  The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

deal of a lifetime. rotors and rebuilt calipers alone cost way more and you aren't getting the spindles or bearings, or their labor. Need we go on?
                    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

You might want to get the handbrake cable, too. It is a slightly better fit on the Aspire rear axle and will be a tad newer.

If you think you'll need an extra fuel tank, the 2 door Aspire is a direct fit for EFI Festivas. (NOT the four door, though.)

If his front seats are in really good shape, you might consider swapping out your front seat covers as well.

Extra nuts, bolts, various other little doodads, etc. may also come in handy in the future. Get 'em from him while they're reasonably priced!

At any rate, good score!

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

For a car that was confirmed to be running recently I'd pay 250 for the whole aspire if you have room at home to have it there until its gutted.
                        1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                          For a car that was confirmed to be running recently I'd pay 250 for the whole aspire if you have room at home to have it there until its gutted.
                          I would if I could, but I don't have that money laying around

Comment

anyone one else in wa area that can go halfers with this gentleman?
                            1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Is there any other reason to have it besides the brake swap? I know about the fuel tank and springs, but I really don't need them

Comment

Working...
                              X