Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual pattern wheels, your favorites or wants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bumping because the active tire thread is talking about wheels again
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

If anyone is considering the dual bolt pattern Estrellas in 13 X 5.5" be aware that they are in 4 X 100mm and 4 X 108mm. There is a single pattern Estrella in that size for 4 X 114.3mm.

However, the 14 X 6" Estrellas do come in both Festiva and Aspire dual patterns. Just make sure to confirm before buying.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
        I don't think potholes will kill a festiva as bad as other cars, even on 50 series or lower. depends on individual hole) Remember the DOT weight for the tires we plan to run can easily be for vehicles much heavier, probably up to 400 pounds per corner more. I hate the steel plates worse than the holes.

Very true. I drive my car very hard, with no regard for potholes, dips or speed bumps. Heck just this morning I jumped it down a 6" curb at about 20mph to avoid being trapped in parking lot traffic. My oz wheels stay perfectly round with 185/45 tires . They were designed for a car that weighs twice what my festiva does, and they were cheap cheap.
        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 10-28-2011, 12:21 PM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          Very true. I drive my car very hard, with no regard for potholes, dips or speed bumps. Heck just this morning I jumped it down a 6" curb at about 20mph to avoid being trapped in parking lot traffic. My oz wheels stay perfectly round with 185/45 tires . They were designed for a car that weighs twice what my festiva does, and they were cheap cheap.
          ^Wish I could find some here for cheap cheap!
          Edit: Yours are 4x114 though aren't they?
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Also Charlie, what diameter? Where did you get either 185/45-14s or -15s? I'm guessing the latter.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

The wheels are off a Lancer OZ edition. They pop up on craigslist often. Just missed a set for 60 bucks two weeks ago. I bought 2 sets for 200 bucks about 5 months ago. I got the 185/45/15 tires on eBay from a seller in Nevada, but they were drop shipped from Germany. They were 600 shipped, but I'm working on getting a local tire company to carry them.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Mental u should buy these!!!

Just saying..
                1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Basement modder must know exactly what wheels I want, if only in 12 or 13 hah
                  < Teaching myself about cars with a Festiva >
                  << So I'm here looking for help and support >>

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                    Mental u should buy these!!!

Just saying..
                    What's the specs on those.

Comment

Working...
                    X