No announcement yet.

12 inch tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The itty bitty engine in the Festy doesn't have much torque to spare and hanging taller, heavier wheels and tires on there is going to affect acceleration and economy negatively. I went back down from 13 to 12s and the car feels much better now. Granted it lost some "cool" but the suspension is back in tune and I seemed to have picked up around 5 mpg [38>43] which is pretty good,even considering the taller tires throwing off the speedo a bit. I think the factory engineers knew what was best for this package.

Comment

Well how about those lightweight honda wheels and like others have said a 13" tire that is about the same hieght. But you get a wider tire and a lower profile so better handling. I dont know I feel that any older car should be updated to atleast perform to modern standards.

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
        but I do agree that the autos need all the help they can get.
        Yep, I'm glad the green car we just picked up has factory alloys, so we can slap them on Babystiva and wifey can be back rolling on 12s but still styling I like my 175/70R13s on 5 speeds though, especially with a motor swap.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Yeah, a B6 in an auto is a good plan, if you want to keep the 13's. You should almost retain your stock MPG's. However, the braking problem can be solved by a sturdier, bolt-on Aspire brake master cylinder. I'd also consider going with better-than-stock brake pads if you truly feel things aren't gee-hawing. Good luck.
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

i found a good web site that might help some on rms size

Comment

Working...
            X