prelude springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prelude springs

so heres my plan. tomorrow im going to look at a set of stock prelude springs here are the specs:

Stock Spring Rate
    150-200 F, 120-150 R
    Range is depending on model (Base, SS, SH) and taking into account they are progressive springs.

im bringing a tape measure because the only thing i cant find is the actual dia of the springs and if they match the dia of the tiva springs. here is a link to a pic of stock prelude springs

any thoughts?
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

I've got a set of 93 prelude shocks/springs that I was wondering about myself
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

cant hurt to try, just make a note of the year and model that you use.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

as long as the dia is good im goin for it

lane what is the dia and year on you springs?

arty... im stupid i still havnt got my car aligned because i was waiting to find springs to cut and replace my stock cut ones before i spent the money to get it aligned. today while it was raining and im driving on 83 home i realized how important alignment is
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

funny how that works.... lol

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
            lane what is the dia and year on you springs?
            Not sure on diameter but they're from my old 93 prelude
            "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

other question is. since they are progressive and not liniar should i cut the spring from the top or bottom?

Comment

alrite folks i scored a set of prelude springs that im pickin up tonight. the dia is a mill or so over 4" in the rear and 4" in the front theyer off a 97-01 Honda Prelude and the spring rate is listed above. so to you who care or want a cheap way to lower your car with upgraded progressive rate springs wish me luck on this experiment

Comment

well i drove through a monsoon last night to get the springs and i plan on putting them on this weekend. im still not 100% which side to cut from, arty says cut from the bottom. i just dont want to cut the part off that is the higher spring rate that makes them progressive and i thought the higher spring rate coils were at the bottom. any thoughts on the matter i just want to get a second, third, forth... opinion -thanks

Comment

IIRC the tighter the coil the softer the rate, so if the spacing gets bigger at the bottom and you want it as high as possible, cut off the top. But if you want the softer coils still, cut the bottom
                    Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                    93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                    91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                    93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                    15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                    88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

i said to bobby to pull one coil off the bottom (stronger end) so that he gets a more imediate drop in ride hight without sacrificing ride quality and strut life. also by pulling a bottom coil, there's a higher chance that the spring stays in slight compression when the suspention is unloaded, keeping the spring from moving around like the ones he has now (3" of free play at full droop).

Comment

I think I need to cut a little more off than that I love my current. Ride height and that's the biggest reason I want stiffer springs

Comment

well bobby, at this point you essentially have no springs... if you want to keep that ride hight, you should find some struts with lower spring perches that will allow the strut to do it's job properly with springs that will improve ride quality and handling. i've seen some nissan struts that may fit the bill. and if you want to autocross your car, lower isn't always better.

Comment

Rokkor coilovers:headbang:
                            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                            14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                              well bobby, at this point you essentially have no springs... if you want to keep that ride hight, you should find some struts with lower spring perches that will allow the strut to do it's job properly with springs that will improve ride quality and handling. i've seen some nissan struts that may fit the bill. and if you want to autocross your car, lower isn't always better.

this isnt the car im auto crossing these are going on my daily. bp car has an aspire swap so it sits high. if the lude springs work on my dd i will get another set for the bp but i will not cut them near as short because your rite lower isnt always better. even on my dd i prob will raise it up an inch or so. i know your just lookin out for me arty and i apreciate it bro

Comment

Working...
                              X