No announcement yet.

195/70/R14s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I went to Onlinetires.com and I keep getting about $90 to ship a set of four tires to Columbus, OH.

Still, it's about $110 each to buy and ship a Proxes 195/45-14, which is the cheapest according to Google shopping. However, Google doesn't mention Onlinetires.com, so there may be other places to get the Proxes cheaper.

Always shop around!

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I was leary of the increase in tire size (22-23 inch from 21) with the Aspire swap but the end result has been quite nice. I now have VW alloys and 175/70 x 13s on the car. Initially one side rubbed under load because the Aspire trailing arm was 5/16 inch off centre but careful drilling and grinding and remounting of the body mounts fixed all that. I did 'massage' the fender lips a little bit with a brass hammer just to make sure.

Comment

Bert wrote:

"I now have VW alloys and 175/70 x 13s on the car."

That's what I'm running! Got any pics? My build thread is here:

Good wheel pics begin on page 11 which is what I linked to.

Karl
        Last edited by Safety Guy; 09-17-2011, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
          Still, it's about $110 each to buy and ship a Proxes 195/45-14, which is the cheapest according to Google shopping.
          hmmm... 185/60R14s are $51 each picked up by me at the local walmart. I think I'll stick with those unless I actually build an autoX festy (not likely anytime soon)
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Remember, there are also some tire choices in 185/55-14. Nokians and Falkens, I think.

Check tires-easy for the Falkens in that size. A little lower than 185/60s.

Nope; no Falkens, but four others!:

Reifen für PKWs und Transporter extrem günstig. Wir bieten Ihnen Autoreifen äußerst vorteilhaft! Klitzekleine Preise, versandkostenfreie Lieferung schon ab 2 Reifen, günstiger Montageservice für Reifen fast überall in der Schweiz, unkomplizierte Bestellung, flexible Zahlungsabwicklung, sehr große Auswahl

You can get the Falkens in the 195/45-14 size though, for about $83 each. Tires-easy shipping isn't too much, either. Should be under ten bucks per tire.

Karl
            Last edited by Safety Guy; 09-17-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X