No announcement yet.

Torching my springs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the stock suspension is too weak as is so heating them and making them even weaker would just be horeable. do like everyone said and cut them since i asume you were planning to take the springs off anyway because heat and struts dont mix well. and if you do lower your car you may want to spend $15 on a set of camber bolts as well or you will be getting new tires every 3 months or so
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Ive bought a lot of lowering springs and "upgraded" shocks struts over the years for other cars, and they ended up just as inferior as hacking off a coil with underdampened stock components. Sorry to say if you arent ready to max out a credit card I do highly suggest a "ghetto mod" and see how it works out in the meantime. Good thing festy take offs are almost free to experiment with.

PS dont heat the springs on the car. At least take it all apart and put it back and toss on a set of rio front struts
      Last edited by getnpsi; 09-15-2011, 10:29 AM.
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I planned to do it with a grinder and a cutting wheel. I am basically wanting to lower the rear because it sits to high I think. The front is just fine.
        89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
        My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

^yup a good ol grinder and wheel will do it. ive had mu suspension completely apart and back together about 5 times since fri and it can be done in about 2 hrs or less with a good helper.
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

I cut the festy springs on Hulk when I lowered it. Also had cut festy springs/aspire springs on it too. With the cut aspire front springs up front and cut festiva front springs in the rear it had a good look to it and rode fairly nice too
            "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Working...
            X