im thinking massive brakes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im thinking massive brakes...

so after talkin with a few friends we came up with a pretty solid and cheap idea... here is what im thinking... since im aspire im going to stay with my 4x100 pattern

loaded 93 mitsu 3000gt vr4 calipers...........................83 each
    brake discs of a 89 accord(10.3 inch 4x100 pattern).....26 each

here is my logic. vr4 calipers are 4 pot fixed with good aftermarket support for racing pads only $93 for ebc yellow full race pads. the vr4 also has 10.8 rotors stock so i think they will give good coverage to the 10.3 rotors. also fixed calipers are easier to fab brackets for than floaters. im going to be using either 1/4" or 3/8" plate for the brackets im gonna start piecing together the parts and try to get a good build thread going.

any input appriciated
    I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Building this for an aspire u said? If so I am highly interested, I have a 97 aspire

Comment

i was planning on doing rx7 fd3s calipers and vw corrado rotors... or mini cooper rotors.... aaron had it all figgured out on a nice sheet and everything but i forget where i had saved it... maybe he can put up a link?... they where 11 inch rotors IIRC... i just want something to fill the rims more... i hate the gap between my calipers and rims, it looks ugly as heck... and dont even get me started on the rears lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

my new boss is talking me into road racing so im looking for something that will last 3 20 lap sessions around sears point

Comment

You might have to find rotor from a diff car cause accords are 4x114 how bout a civic
          the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
          \/\_____________FORD
          FOREVER

Comment

^^ Nope, the 90+ Accords are 4x114.3, but through '89 they were still 4x100. I had an '89 LXi hatchback, and those were good sized brakes even for that large of a car. On a festiva they should be way more than plenty! I say go for it, and make and fab brackets to sell if it works out well
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
              On a festiva they should be way more than plenty! I say go for it, and make and fab brackets to sell if it works out well
              for sure

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                i was planning on doing rx7 fd3s calipers and vw corrado rotors... or mini cooper rotors.... aaron had it all figgured out on a nice sheet and everything but i forget where i had saved it... maybe he can put up a link?... they where 11 inch rotors IIRC... i just want something to fill the rims more... i hate the gap between my calipers and rims, it looks ugly as heck... and dont even get me started on the rears lol...
                good call on the corrado rotors...they are 11 inches and only $10 more each... i think ill look into these instead of the accord rotors. the FD calipers look very similar to the 3000GT ones but are $60 more each
                Last edited by fastivaB6TG25MR; 10-14-2011, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                  *grins* Stay tuned... Chris and I are working on it at the moment... not much left but ordering a few more components and doing some beta testing. The 15" bracket kit is currently a work in progress... at a future date, we have R+D finished for 14" and 16" kits also. We're not just talking about front brakes either... full spec rear disc brakes are in the works to compliment the front kit designs.
                  Last edited by Aaronbrook37; 10-14-2011, 08:45 AM.
                  1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                    *grins* Stay tuned... Chris and I are working on it at the moment... not much left but ordering a few more components and doing some beta testing. The 15" bracket kit is currently a work in progress... at a future date, we have R+D finished for 14" and 16" kits also. We're not just talking about front brakes either... full spec rear disc brakes are in the works to compliment the front kit designs.
                    I want rear discs but want to stay OEM. Are you planning to make adapters to fit rear EGT and Protege LX rear disc setups on festiva/aspire rear beams? That's all I'm looking for and I'd be will to bet that there more members here that would be interested in that adapter. I plan to make my own but would still support anyone who could make it happen for me.

Comment

Can you press the mazda hub into an entirely different spindle? Then you can address all kinds of turning issues and dial in gobs of adjustment.

The neon is 5x100 and everyone wanted an offset only EVOs had, so a lap racer figured that one out.
                      Last edited by getnpsi; 10-14-2011, 11:58 AM.
                      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by av8ter View Post
                        I want rear discs but want to stay OEM. Are you planning to make adapters to fit rear EGT and Protege LX rear disc setups on festiva/aspire rear beams? That's all I'm looking for and I'd be will to bet that there more members here that would be interested in that adapter. I plan to make my own but would still support anyone who could make it happen for me.
                        One day we should make a pull-a-part run for parts and then work on fabbing. I have a spare festiva beam we can experiment with, and if we can come up with something thats bolt on for it, all you have to change for Aspire is the bolt pattern.
                        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Aaron, you do know that I also expect packaging on this whole setup to include pictures of scantily clad warrior geishas twirling their naginatas around in 3D.

Don't disappoint me Aaron! Getting this stuff right is critical!

Karl
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                            Aaron, you do know that I also expect packaging on this whole setup to include pictures of scantily clad warrior geishas twirling their naginatas around in 3D.

Don't disappoint me Aaron! Getting this stuff right is critical!

Karl
                            Don't worry Karl, i already have most parts needed for the massive brake setup that Aaron is talking about, and soon i'll be making the adapter brackets, and a thread with detailed pics will follow

For those interested, the rotors i have right now are 276mm up front, and later on we will be making brackets for 296mm rotors, all with 4x100mm bolt pattern

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Maybe you should just run brakes from a new Nissan Frontier... they stop airliners.
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost
                              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                              X