17" rims and tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17" rims and tires

I got some 17" rims given to me today and they dont have tires but I dont want my speedo to be off so trying to keep them the same diameter as 12" rims and tires which is 21" across anybody know the tire size for a rubber band?

I doubt you get them to fit without coil overs and a serious fender roll and pull. Even if you do you'll need 30series tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seriously?!..... 15's look like 34's on a caddy. Much less 17's.

Comment

Unless you upgraded your brakes and engine, the Festiva won't be safe with 17's.
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

To keep stock diameter, just mask off the front and back of the 17s and then put on about 4 coats of truck bedliner on the outside of the wheels. Ride will be bouncy though :razz:
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

My 205/40/16s aren't that far off from stock diameter, actually they are about the same as a 175/70/13. I think finding a 25-30 series 17" tire is gonna be the main problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Plus most 17" wheels are at least 7" wide which will make it hard to fit under the wells no matter what tire. Probably would require spacers and cut/flared fenders.
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

So those 17" rims have the Festy 4x114.3mm bolt pattern? Seems unlikely.

And a big +1 on upgrading the brakes first--which means either Capri brakes to keep the Festiva bolt pattern, or change to Aspire brakes with the 100mm bolt pattern. Plus clearance issues for both the fender and the rear struts. Anything can be done with enough time/money, but some things are not worth doing.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Whats the offset on those rims? Then the width?

People think that all there is to a wheel is the size of it.

2$ it will never fit , its either gonna stick out , or rub inside.

Comment

Not long ago there was a guy who put 17's on a festiva, looked like a jacked up 4x4 but they fit

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I have coilovers installed and test fit the rims without tires lol 4x114 is the same as honda accords and alot of my buddies have them so thats where the rims came from. The only clearance issue is the rim scrapes the rear axle so a 1/4 inch spacer would be more then enough. Of course the brakes would have to be upgraded if I was gonna race it But its a festiva and slow and steady wins the race but slowing down for corners sucks.

Comment

Bedliner sounds promising but too expensive lol

Comment

I found a tire size chart if it will help anyone else but I guess Im running a 35 series tire its only 23" which isnt horrible I guess. I live around tacoma wa and cant wait to be clowning with 17" donks on a festiva with all these fools putting 24s and 26s on there grand ma's regal or cutlass LMFAO

Comment

Originally posted by lowpinto77 View Post
                            I found a tire size chart if it will help anyone else but I guess Im running a 35 series tire its only 23" which isnt horrible I guess. I live around tacoma wa and cant wait to be clowning with 17" donks on a festiva with all these fools putting 24s and 26s on there grand ma's regal or cutlass LMFAO

http://www.wheelcityusa.com/tires/chart.htm
                            RIGHT ON ! Dont let em catch Ya, "Rollin White & Nurdy" though.
                            Last edited by nitrofarm; 12-02-2011, 12:36 PM.
                            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Hey Hey, another washingtonian, welcome. I have a teacher from Tacompton
                              Owner of:
                              1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                              In progress:
                              BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X