No announcement yet.

Kia Rio front strut mounts on Festys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They came with the 03 struts which are listed as being the tallest rio strut. I returned the struts and went with the VW as the specs are better. Mounts I kept, perfect. I suspect I will be getting a new spring set shortly..
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

The set up I have on the front is Aspire Monroe shocks, Aspire 'sport springs' which were raised 3/4 inch (I put multiple washers over the shock rod) with 01 Rio mounts. The FMS sport springs lowered the car too much for my liking. Some day those springs will be jettisoned in favour of taller Rio, Aspire, VW? or even OEM Festy springs.

Movin: if VW springs happen to have the same diameter as Festy springs please detail your build. There are always more VWs and Rios in the boneyard than Aspires or Festys.

Comment

I'm using coilover springs, the kit will likely be to short and I will have to order correct springs. I'm afraid with this time of year it might be a bit yet before I get this kit.
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
          Careful: according to Rockauto the strut and front brake change was around late 2002. IIRC it was July. Arty, you are talking about the strut mounts, right?

Karl
          X2

I've never heard of 03 top mounts being 2 bolt.

There's a guy of fa.com selling 3 sets of 02 struts if anyones really interested.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
          X