ATV Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATV Festiva

My festiva has served well for many miles and 10 years. It is mainly a tow rig and now DD. It is just so handy... It is used to explore the vast high desert we live in here. This coming year new Forest Service rules will be in place That requires your ATV to be street legal to get around, unfortunately our State does not agree. Rather than fight it my Festiva is morphing into ATV Festiva. I have tried a lot of things and hope to have this thing built by spring riding season.

So, those interested in ATV tires, they fit. They rubbed some. The ride over washboard roads was OMG!!!! soooo smooth! Traction and floatation..floats on top of snow like a ATV...trail - great, powder - goes till it piles up in front of the car. The ATV tires are rated at 1000 lbs per tire.

I have brand new golf struts, reman aspire axles , new 03 rio front bearing plates, new coil over spring kit. I will be getting different new springs to match my soft ride long travel requirements. I will get new ATV tires just for this adventure, they will be DOT so that the street legal part is defensible when the cops inspect. It will be the same width as the side by sides..

I guess it needs a name and some advise from any who may have already
    done this.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

I'm deffinately gonna keep an eye on this, I just got a DD 89 Festiva from my brother (part of Christmas) so since my parts car has a good drivetrain theres a similar conversion in its future

and as for a name how about Muddstiva

Comment

Not a lot of mud, we don't get much rain. We have Mountains, forests, sand and sage...

Comment

I think an aspire trans would be in order for an off-road festy. Especially with taller atv tires.

Might wanna look into skid plates.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Hmm only other thing i can think of is Trekstiva, but nothing i can thing of sounds right

Comment

An automatic? They might crawl better when needed. The ATV tires have a huge footprint but the ones I think I will get are an inch shorter than the ones I tried out. I can get one with shorter knobbies 3 inches shorter..

Comment

I been throwing around Razrstiva but only the off road crowd would get it

Comment

Fystibaja ??

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                  An automatic? They might crawl better when needed. The ATV tires have a huge footprint but the ones I think I will get are an inch shorter than the ones I tried out. I can get one with shorter knobbies 3 inches shorter..
                  That too, the torque converter can almost act like a low range.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Yeah RAZRtiva might be a little to covert for some. maybe something animal related bears, wolves, something wild. I was thinking something Bear related because then it could go with the wild animal side and big bear atv too

Comment

Movin....how bout adding your location to your profile.....no guessing after that.

Nice look you got goin...
                      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                      89L Silver EFI auto
                      91GL Green Auto DD
                      There ain't no rest for the wicked
                      until we close our eyes for good.
                      I will sleep when I die!
                      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Trailstiva?

Rockstiva?

Dirtstiva?

Humpstiva?

Nice knobbies!

How about Knobbystiva?

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                          That too, the torque converter can almost act like a low range.
                          I would rather a stick with low range! Light weight is part of the success,
                          an auto might be a little heavy ? Most of what I do the lift will be most important, working with the ATV tires.

Comment

Wolfstiva?

So how much you planning on lifting it? I know more than 3inches takes a lot of work on most front wheel drive cars, but 2-3" with the taller tires should do wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                              Movin....how bout adding your location to your profile.....no guessing after that.

Nice look you got goin...
                              I get this ??

Click the Back button to try another link.
                              The www.fordfestiva.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

Comment

Working...
                              X