No announcement yet.

Suspension - $1000 budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so laughing!!! I love the ride of the coil overs, I love the adjustability, I
    love the sporty ride of the german struts, I love the long travel easy ride of
    the 14" springs....Afco was awesome, the garage sale netted me chrome springs
    of my specs discounted to 30 bucks a spring. The civic coil over kit was under
    50 bucks and I have a full set of lowering springs to sell, the struts are buy 3
    get one free every so often..small parts were cheap...but there is always more,
    I am building a heim joint camber control and a track rod for performance use
    and that will probably morph on..thats what a hobby is about!!
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

I would suggest that far and away 'biggest bang for the buck' is an Aspire swap including front sway bar. Procuring the donor car or parts plus new bearings/pads etc and work involved will easily eat into the $1000 investment.
      Once you get used to superior tires, brakes and handling you can then start tinkering with springs and shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
        (well maybe tied with the mark 4 spitfire rear suspension) with that kind of money i would look into custom fab work to install real lower control arms (like a 323 or maybe even tubular for that kind of cash)
        What is that?

Originally posted by Bert View Post
        I would suggest that far and away 'biggest bang for the buck' is an Aspire swap including front sway bar. Procuring the donor car or parts plus new bearings/pads etc and work involved will easily eat into the $1000 investment.
        Once you get used to superior tires, brakes and handling you can then start tinkering with springs and shocks.
        What year Aspire could I swap the rear end into my '91 Festi from if I went that route?
        Last edited by jeanpierreleb; 01-31-2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
          :eeeeeek: seriously? i guess im just sticker shocked cause i have the time, patience, and mechanical ability to achieve my desired ride quality without spending enough money to buy another car...
          Lol. I don't have the time unless I make it and don't make the time unless I can't afford it. It's a catch 22 but, I would much rather be in your realm and learn to build it myself.

What would you do to get the suspension lower and sporty, the handling and steering improved and better, bigger braking?

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
            What is the difference between the rear end of the Aspire vs. Festiva besides the disk brakes?

Comment

Originally posted by jeanpierreleb View Post
              What is the difference between the rear end of the Aspire vs. Festiva besides the disk brakes?
              i didnt think the aspire had disk brakes
              91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
              06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by jeanpierreleb View Post
                Aspires do not have rear disk brakes. They have larger drum brakes than the Festiva, and a stiffer rear beam. Different struts and slightly stiffer springs too.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                X