Mk1/Mk2 Golf adjusties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk1/Mk2 Golf adjusties?

Hey all, first post after many years of reading these forums.
    I have a 1993 Ford festiva 1.3 xl, my a-b car.
    Thought it was time to through some cash at it.
    First of all, a set of addjusties for it, rims, then a B6t swap eventually.
    One of my mates is mazda mad, and his preference to adjusties is the Mk1/Mk2 golf set up, said it fits and is legit.
    Was wondering what the community thinks about this set up?
    Any hints and tips would be much appreciated.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by jimbo155; 02-01-2012, 02:08 PM.

as far as i know the fit with minor adjustments i plan on buying mk1 coilovers for mine
    Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
    Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
    AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

Comment

Sweet as, if you have any info on the minor adjustments would be handy.
      Cheers

Comment

dont quote me but i think the mk1 fit but some of the rear rubber bushing needs to be trimmed but other than that i believe they fit...
        Frankie

AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

Comment

A member for almost 3 years and your first post??? You have a lot of time to make up for! Glad you decided to join in. Always nice to have input from people from other countries. You need to post up some pics of your car with the local geography.
          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

All you need to do in the front is redrill the top strut bolt and in the back you just grind down the strut bushing so it slips in.
            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
            14 C7 Z51

Comment

I used rio 2 bolt upper roller bearing plates and a 20mm bearing retainer to
              make it fit, no drilling or anything. But I used the stock monroe mkii struts
              and added the coil over kit to it. I removed the original spring perches front
              and rear. The rear has to have 2mm shaved off the lower bushing, I did it all
              on one side and put that side toward the inside of the car for additional clearance.
              If you get the complete shock coilover its all the same except the front upper
              as far as install goes,
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
                All you need to do in the front is redrill the top strut bolt and in the back you just grind down the strut bushing so it slips in.
                i thought there was another step to it i remember readin about it awhile back
                Frankie

Comment

And drill out the top strut hole so that it fits. There is guide on here if you search for "rokkor"
                  91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                  14 C7 Z51

Comment

Sweet excellent, cheers all.
                    And yea mate joined when i first got the car was 17 and a poor college student (Highschool i guess for you guys?), wanted to know what could be done to the good 'ol Festy. Now 19 with full time job thought i'd throw some money at it.
                    Live in New Zealand, bottom of the world.
                    Will post some pics eventually when i get time.
                    For now, Peace.

Comment

Quick update, going with D2 coilovers VW golf mk2.
                      Rims for now will be widened steelies, then possibly widened mini lights.

Comment

So jealous of the widened steelies. I want to find a set but can't seem to locate any around here that people don't want a lot of money for them.
                        93 Festiva L White B6T
                        99 Dodge Ram STL Green Cummins. AKA the Jolly Green Giant
                        89 Festiva Blue
                        91 Green “Mad Maxine” Festiva B6T
                        93 Festiva GL Black BP automatic
                        93 Festiva GL Green stock

Comment

damn it i just ordered the mk1 on accident so its the mk2 and mk3 that work with lil mods to work on a festiva??

Comment

MK 2 and no drilling if you use the Rio upper bearing plate. It will need a
                            20mm bearing retainer on each side. The Rear will need a little shaved off
                            the lower bushing with grinder.
                            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Making the widened steelies myself, if you go to a shop to get them made cost about $100nz. They cut the rim in half on a lathe, then weld a band between the two halfs. Thinking about widening them by 2".

Comment

Working...
                              X