No announcement yet.

Mk1/Mk2 Golf adjusties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just for clarification, mk2/mk3 coilovers are the same.

mk1's are different. they are shorter so it would be nice if they fit . im pretty sure no one has tried them yet...

Comment

I used raceland coilover for a mk3 VW. The holes that bolt to the steering knuckle/upright do not line up to a stock festiva or Capri (I used Capri knuckles). To fix this issue I drilled out the bottom holes to 3/4" on centerline with the festiva/ Capri bolt pattern. I then made bushings on a lathe, and welded them in. The strut tops are bearing units with sleeves, that I made to take up the slack.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I also have VW suspension on my festiva (Apex) and the same as you charlie, one mounting hole was drilled out to fit the aspire knuckles

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

My setup is the same as advancedDynamix... aspire suspension set-up, Mk 3 coilovers and the adjustable WRX CC plates.
          1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
          1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
          2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

I used to run mk3 ksport kontrol pros, miss them!
            '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

I just picked up a set of MK1 golf coilovers...I'll let you know how hey workout, compared to my old MK3 setup.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSTIVA View Post
                I just picked up a set of MK1 golf coilovers...I'll let you know how hey workout, compared to my old MK3 setup.
                looking forward to hearin about it kinda confused now on whick MK.. to get..
                Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
                Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
                AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

Comment

so any word on best one MK1 MK2 or MK3 that work the best for our little car im ready to buy just need to know which one lol
                  Frankie

AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

Comment

Not yet my coilovers have been sitting at UPS since friday morning lol...driving me crazy!!!! Will be here tomorrow, and I'll give an update asap!

Comment

Thanks man
                      Frankie

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                        just for clarification, mk2/mk3 coilovers are the same.

mk1's are different. they are shorter so it would be nice if they fit . im pretty sure no one has tried them yet...

NO. The mk1 knuckle/strut mount is skinnier than the Festiva/mk2/mk3, and the coilovers are not able to be used.

Sucks that it's about to cost me 120 in reshipping to find this out the hard way.

So let it be known that mk1's DO NOT WORK!!!!

Comment

sorry bro looks like im buy mk2s or 3s
                          Frankie

Comment

YESSIR!!!!

Frankie

Comment

Franke, do yourself a favor and buy 2 10" 200 lb springs and 2 10" 120lb springs ( you'll need wheel spacers in the back) from southwest speed (29 a spring on eBay). Those racelands have 300lb fronts( way too stiff) and 250lb rear(way too stiff as well). The 200/120 combo is still stiff, but not real bad.
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

imma just take it then i already spent $405 on these cause every one said they would fit with some mods but nobody talked about sprinf rate imma just have to deal thanks advanced
                                Frankie

Comment

Working...
                                X