X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
    "Stance" doesn't get you laid

-James
    This cannot be true. I saw a 1969 Ford Econoline van on eBay a few months back.. it was lowered, covered in rust, and didn't run.

He said park it in the front yard, and girls will come!

-Joe
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Wow.. Just wow...

Congrats on reviving a 7 year old thread .

Oh and a quick Google netted 3.3 million hits and the 1st 4 pages all had negative responses as to the safety of "Stretched rubber"

Do it at your own risk if safety and looking like a dumb*** dont concern you.
      Last edited by MONSOON; 06-22-2013, 10:58 AM.
      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
      - Unknown
      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Haters gon hate. This we know. Now instead of reading a bunch of threads from Google search how bout you go on thses websites (zilva.net, 300zxclub.com, northwestnissan, driver.com, Hondatech, clubroadster.com; if thats not enough I got more) and see ALL the threads about guys drifting, auto-x, rally-x, touge,tracking, gymkhana, and some even drag racing ( I don't read to many drag sections) with mild to extreme stretch on DAILY DRIVERS none the less for years now without fail. AND then come back and tell us all about how its sooooo unsafe :rolls eyes:
        Last edited by MiltonHavoc; 06-23-2013, 01:06 PM.
        Fast....Women are fast
        Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

165/45/15 stretched on some 15x7s

Last edited by M3NTAL; 06-23-2013, 06:09 PM.
            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

that there is the limit that i'd EVER think of stretching a tire. any more and whatever benefits there were go out the window.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Marc, I'm jealous. Your 15x7's must be wider than mine, you got a lil more stretch than me. Same tires too. You need more camber sun!
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                  I like the looks but feel the ride quality would suffer with a car like that.
                  Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

While it does tend to look rather stupid in most instances; stretching tires is not unsafe. Those who make that claim most likely have no experience with stretched tires.

In my opinion, the only reason to really stretch a tire is to get it to fit inside of the wheel well.

Extreme stretches like 205 on a 10.5J and things like that do look ridiculous, though.

I also find it funny that many people look at a car that is actually low and assume that the ride quality is poor.

Comment

I love my stance. Here's my r8 that does very often get raced with my street tires still on with 245/40 19" on 9.5" wide wheels. I think it looks badass and well everyone does it in oz. from racers to drifters, jdm tuners the works.

For 500rwhp she hooks up pretty well even with stretched 245's

I plan on getting some 15x8"s for when I start taking the 121 to some shows. It'll look badass. The whole stretch tires is really a trivial thing nowadays.

If you can't beat them join them hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoltis View Post
                        I like the looks but feel the ride quality would suffer with a car like that.
                        Actually, this car rides smoother and nicer than any Cabby that I've driven. It's on accu-air air ride. To drive it down the street you just hit #2 position on the remote (or cell phone app) and it self levels at a reasonable ride height. I'm not sure if I'd take it one the track (that would be up to Brian, the owner) but I'd drive it to Big Bear (he drives the car thousands of miles to every show, it's no trailer queen). It's also got a Vr6 swap and shaved bay. My good friend Jason at PartsScore built it, I helped with some custom fabbed goodies.
                        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-24-2013, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Potta View Post
                          I love my stance. Here's my r8 that does very often get raced with my street tires still on with 245/40 19" on 9.5" wide wheels. I think it looks badass and well everyone does it in oz. from racers to drifters, jdm tuners the works.

For 500rwhp she hooks up pretty well even with stretched 245's

I plan on getting some 15x8"s for when I start taking the 121 to some shows. It'll look badass. The whole stretch tires is really a trivial thing nowadays.

If you can't beat them join them hahaha.
                          Nice Ride!

Comment

Potta........can you enlighten us "Yanks" as to what exactly an R8 is? Looks like some kind of a Chevy....er...Holden?
                            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Same thing as a Pontiac G8 GXP. But it looks like his has an LSX in it, which means it's a monster.

Here is it's americanish cousin for sale on Ebay, this one is LS7 though, not the LSX.

Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-24-2013, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                                Potta........can you enlighten us "Yanks" as to what exactly an R8 is? Looks like some kind of a Chevy....er...Holden?
                                Yes it's a Holden body. Chevy is blasphemy over here. If someone calls a Holden a chev (Holden owned by gm) here in Aus a fight would surely break out hahaha.
                                These are probably the easiest ways of showing you what it is. My car is naturally aspirated but makes more power then the super clubby does anyways Enjoy.

Here is what it sounds like.

Last edited by Potta; 06-25-2013, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X