X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try these. They're stock tire OD.

FORMOZA FD1 165/55 R14 72V

In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

The 60s can be had in Kumho flavor for $184 shipped to me and are just slightly taller. I shall live wit it.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Sketch, tires-easy is having a 3% off sale on all tires right now, in case you didn't know it.

Not much, and not as much as the usual 5% off, but better than nothing!

However, nevermind! If you are getting your Kumhos for that price, it's WAY better than the $50.44 each plus shipping from tires-easy. Pardon me!

Karl
        Last edited by Safety Guy; 05-07-2012, 06:08 PM.
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

^I still come out cheaper to go with the 60 Kumhos from another site since they offer free shipping.

Check out tirebuyer.com for 165/60/14 Kumho KH17. $184 shipped for a full set.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Haha. This is off topic, sorta, but it's worth telling.

No tire money for me for 2 to 10 days.

I goofed up and left auto pay enabled on a credit card from years ago (which I just happened to use one of those cool colored "offer" checks they send), so auto pay time rolls around, and I'm oblivious and schedule a regular payment. 3 days later my account is -$X000. The auto pay was set to pay the entire balance off every month.:eeeeeek: As if that wasn't bad enough, I didn't catch it till a day later when 7 debits dropped all at once at $36 each overdraft charge.:eeeeeek::eeeeeek:

CC company assures me it'll be no problem. Just 2 to 10 days to reverse the payment.:eeeeeek::eeeeeek::eeeeeek:

I'm borderline paranoid OCD about bills and stuff, but I guess it can happen to anyone. So, measure 100 times, cut halfway, and measure again.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Good luck Sketch.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

When it rains is pours.

This will be useful if anyone goes through this same situation.

So the CC company says no problem, we can return the money. I caught the issue pretty quick so I should be fine. So I call the bank and explain the situation.

"Sorry sir, our hands are tied. Nothing we can do." Fine, CC company has agreed to send the money back. Bank could have told me at this point that my overdraft protection is only up to $700, so the debit won't even technically go through and will be returned by the bank anyway, but they didn't bother with that. They could have also mentioned that the CC company can try the debit 3 times before they have to stop, hammering me with fees every time, but they didn't bother with that info either. Lastly, they could have told me that they can stop the process, but again, why bother when they make more money letting it go?

So the debit is tried a second time, and surprise, it still doesn't work. I explain this to the CC company. "Sorry sir, we have no record of the debit being returned to us. There is nothing we can do. Would you like to enroll in a rewards program for your card?"

Our fine financial system at work.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

I keep my money under my "mattress". Banks are a scam, free checking so we can slam you later! Sign up now it's free why not! Whammy oh well your account is overdue since you haven't touched it in 2 weeks. Huh! where did the money go that was in there.

Funny part is we all have been there. I have paid over $400 in overdraft fees before. Never again.
                  1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

The worst problem I've ever had is about $200 in admin fees that I still "owe", but will never pay, because I don't buy into the credit-based finance BS.

Other than that, just a bounce fee here and there, usually my fault for not paying attention since I don't keep a book on my accounts.

There have been a few where it was a bill takers mistake, like when Verizon accidentally submitted a payment twice, that caused an overdraft. When I called them on it, they credited my cell account and gave me the next month free, a total of $236 on their part.

Comment

Working...
                    X