X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
    Thats what I'm saying....they wont.
    Hopefully these pictures would help.

Here we have aspire spindle with some irrelevant modifications and long after market studs, 2001 rio with a rotor still attached and no studs, and 2004 rio with stock studs. Both rio spindles still have tie rod ends they were mated to on the original vehicles in the yard. We can also see my old festiva tie rods bolted into tie rod ends - and, again, these tie rod ends are the ones from 2001 and 2004 as they were on the car, not ends I have bolted to them.

Here is the whole family

More detailed pics - same order, aspire-2001-2004:
    #1:

#2:

#3:

It is still unclear if we will go with 2004 rio or aspire monsters - so, unfortunately there is a chance we would not be using these 2004. I might sell them as a set with their calipers which I obviously have forgotten to take pictures of, sorry.

Bottom line - to me it seems like they should fit our Festivas. And by the way these are XR2 axles sticking out of rio spindles on the first pictures so hub splines are also not a problem.
    rusEfi - DIY ECU
    93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

the 2004 set is for sale - http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44448
      rusEfi - DIY ECU
      93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

So to make this clear, correct me if im wrong:

All I would need for a festy (8.6in) to 03+rio (10in) brake upgrade , would be :

Knuckles
        Rotors
        Calipers (gotta check if the lines bolts in)
        Pads.

Does it mess with the cars wheel offset?

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
          So to make this clear, correct me if im wrong:

All I would need for a festy (8.6in) to 03+rio (10in) brake upgrade , would be :

Knuckles
          Rotors
          Calipers (gotta check if the lines bolts in)
          Pads.

Does it mess with the cars wheel offset?
          Wheel bolt pattern changes (same as with aspire swap) - you will need 4x100 wheels.

Not sure if you ask about track width or wheel offset, but I do not know the answer anyway But, again, 2003+ swap is probably same as aspire in these aspects.
          rusEfi - DIY ECU

Comment

Awesome ,do you know if the brake booster/master cyl , bolts in as well?

Rio booster into festy.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
              Awesome ,do you know if the brake booster/master cyl , bolts in as well?

Rio booster into festy.
              No idea
              rusEfi - DIY ECU

Comment

Good stuff man, in all seriousness though, we are making this WAY harder than it actually is. If the people posting would physically go and try to swap, they would see exactly what needs to be done in short order, and its not hard at all. It's tricky to read through this and every other thread on the subject just because someone posts 02 004 5920 $*363 rotor with a 4626 spindle hub caliper blah blah. Pick up the parts, hold them in your hands, then ask questions, if you even need to. (Comment not aimed at anyone in particular)

Rep points given for the welded on caliper bracket, very unique!
                Last edited by zoom zoom; 08-01-2012, 04:37 PM.
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
                X