Rim Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd go for the Nankangs on 165/70-12:

Reifen für PKWs und Transporter extrem günstig. Wir bieten Ihnen Autoreifen äußerst vorteilhaft! Klitzekleine Preise, versandkostenfreie Lieferung schon ab 2 Reifen, günstiger Montageservice für Reifen fast überall in der Schweiz, unkomplizierte Bestellung, flexible Zahlungsabwicklung, sehr große Auswahl

Cheaper and rated for much more wear. I have two on the front of Twinstiva and they seemed to do well, though I can't really compare them with anything and they got less than a year of use before the wreck two winters ago.

Here are your 155/80 choices:

Reifen für PKWs und Transporter extrem günstig. Wir bieten Ihnen Autoreifen äußerst vorteilhaft! Klitzekleine Preise, versandkostenfreie Lieferung schon ab 2 Reifen, günstiger Montageservice für Reifen fast überall in der Schweiz, unkomplizierte Bestellung, flexible Zahlungsabwicklung, sehr große Auswahl

Again, I'd go for the Nankangs. I don't think anyone has said anything bad about them.

Check around to see if you can get a better deal on them elsewhere.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Thanks. I like the wider tread on those as well.
      ~Austin
      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
        Yes they are! :evil4:

I thought that a 10mm change wouldn't be that visible, just because the wheels I chose were a 5.5" wide wheel and the stock Festiva steels are 4 and 4.5". I assumed that the change in width would fit the change in tire width thus hiding the size differential.

Oh and I imagine this would be the result of beating your chest and lighting a cigar:

All in jest, Bert
        I just wanted to see Driver ones post again , sorry, back to what, wheels??
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Just like all the rest of you crazy guys I too have been playing with tire and rim combinations. But I'm a little older and more interested in direct fit rims, smooth ride and tire longevity than I am in having a car that looks like a roller skate.
          Discovering that Kia Rio rims are a perfect fit on Aspire hubs has been a revelation for me. Only I have also noticed that for every 1 inch taller rim the cost of tires seems to double, so for now I'm going to stay well away from playing with small diameter 15s like are found on the front of Smart cars.

Comment

Just to be creepy, I searched your town in Texas..

And I know you're sticking with 12's, but if you decide to up it to 13's, I'm running 155/80/13s that I got for $17/tire at Firestone Complete Auto Service.

Annnd... there's one in your town. Might want to call them and ask their price. :p

I have a BAD ALIGNMENT, and I've gotten 18K out of them. I figure with a good alignment, I'd get atleast 30K+. The brand name is Primewell, and they're a brand-ex Goodyear according to the place I bought 'em from.

Just my two cents.
            White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
            White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
            1988 LX 5-speed
            ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Working...
            X