No announcement yet.

Festiva Thule Roof Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ToSloTrk: sharp-looking set of wheels (entire car!) you have there.
    Difference between most 'toy cars' today is the ability to install roof racks. Can't be done on most of them and thankfully Festys have a straight roof.
    I bought the least expensive racks (Canadian Tire, even though they weren't cheap) I could 6 years ago for carrying a canoe and a home-made cargo box. Have never regretted that move; but people do look at you funny headed out with a partial lift of plywood or a 16 foot canoe. Included shot is from 6 years ago in preparation for a canoe-in camping trip in Algonquin Park.

I managed to get 50+mpg (Imperial gallons) with that car (5 speed) and with those roof racks on just a few weeks ago. There is now an Aspire undercarraige on that car and upscale Finnish-made Nokian Hakappelita 14 inch all-weather tires. I kept the tach at or below 2300rpm for 120 miles but I'd forgotten how lousy racks are for wind resistance so maybe I'd better try again.

Comment

What kind of bike is that on top, Prafeston?

Comment

It's just a cheap road bike. Picked it up at my local bike shop for 300 bucks.

It's called a KHS Flite 300.
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
          Oh and F'ing awesome Festiva man! Love that black with the tint and those wheels are nice. What are they and what is the size?
          Check my recent posts, all info is there.
          Current
          Retired

Comment

my friends' with their racks...

Our Prides w/ pride! Built with passion.
            Check out Ernst Pride Kits for your quality Festiva pimping parts(http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=41131)
            (Festiva GT-X bumper set,OEM GT-X Foglights, Lip spoilers, OEM Rear spoilers, Sideskirts,GT-X emblems etc.)

Comment

Cool! That red one has a nice stance to it...and i love those white wheels!
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts

Comment

WHAT WILL BE THE BEST RACK TO BUY

Comment

Whatever you can find that is the cheapest. If you go with the Thule Aero 400XT you'll have to make sure you get the Thule 84 Fit Kit.

I have no idea what everyone else is rocking.
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Working...
                  X