No announcement yet.

Aspire brake swap FAIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on the trailer, or, how much you care about the trailer. I don't think it would take more than a comealong and a hour to roll it up from the side, maybe a floor jack and a piece of plywood and ram a trailer under it? There's a way where there's a will. If you sit it down on those tires/rims, put them about a foot behind the front fender well where the balance point is put a trailor under the front end and push really hard or back it up against a tree? I know a couple guys who have offered to take away my parts car for me, but I'm not ready to let it go yet. Somebody's always scouting Craigslist for scrap weight.
    Last edited by zoom zoom; 09-02-2012, 10:41 AM.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Put your Festiva parts back onto the aspire so it's rollable, then getting it onto a flat deck or trailer is easy. Don't even need to put it all together properly, though I would hook up at least the ebrake and steering to aid in the loading process.
      Last edited by Tommychu; 09-06-2012, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
        Put your Festiva parts back onto the aspire so it's rollable, then getting it onto a flat deck or trailer is easy. Don't even need to put it all together properly, though I would hook up at least the ebrake and steering to aid in the loading process.
        When the trailing arms get switched merely put the Festy arm on to the Assfire via 2 look-alike pivot pins or bolts and then bolt on 2 lifesaver Festy spare tires and raise the front high enough for the salvage guys to get a dolly underneath. Forget about hooking up stuff like brakes and steering. Fill the wreck with all the metal scraps you want to get rid of and then the problem is gone. They may not want to give you much or any money but at least your yard will have green grass again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
          Fill the wreck with all the metal scraps you want to get rid of
          I don't know about your area, but around here, you get a better price for scrap outside the car than in the car. I think recent price at the place that usually gives the best price was $8.50 to the hundred pound for cars, but $11.15 a hundred pound for mixed white goods. Better for separated steel....
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Give your daughter a sawzall and some supervision and let her go to town on it. She'll love it.

Comment

This makes me grateful to live in the rust free zone.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

^^ Amen brother!
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

My parts didn't look too much better than the OP, honestly... I'm just gonna eventually take everything back apart and clean it up and coat it with POR15 or powder when I have the time and a viable second vehicle.

Unfortunately, the bike isn't a viable second vehicle for me... seems they're not fond of car seats on motorcycle pillions.

Comment

I personally would love to live in a salt-free zone. But when I look around at average age of cars on the road here (Ottawa) VS Arizona, where cars should last forever, I still don't see much difference. This is a consumer society where any excuse warrants the purchase of a new car.
                    Up here the driver's seat may have fallen through the floor after 10 years and down there a lightbulb may have failed or the exhaust pipe fell off, but end-run still is the sale of a new car. Now if we could swap Arizona's definition/version of old VS ours it would be an interesting situation.

Comment

Bert, you need to come down here for a vacation to see the cars people drive out here. When you leave the city you'll see farmers driving 1940's trucks still with original paint and I have several friends who DD VW bugs with 250+ k miles and the original heater boxes! I DD'd an 81 scirocco s for 3 years, still have the car, not a drop of rust anywhere on the car. I had a Toyota pickup that had no paint or primer on the body ( acid stripped) and I drove it that way for a year and a half just because I could.
                      The majority of ourconsumer programmed robot motorists do insist on newer " safe vehicles, but those who can think for themselves drive old cars that they like forever.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Cut through the rockers and windshield pillars with a sawzall (or hacksaw) and make a couple trips to the scrapper.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                          Bert, you need to come down here for a vacation to see the cars people drive out here. When you leave the city you'll see farmers driving 1940's trucks still with original paint and I have several friends who DD VW bugs with 250+ k miles and the original heater boxes! I DD'd an 81 scirocco s for 3 years, still have the car, not a drop of rust anywhere on the car. I had a Toyota pickup that had no paint or primer on the body ( acid stripped) and I drove it that way for a year and a half just because I could.
                          The majority of ourconsumer programmed robot motorists do insist on newer " safe vehicles, but those who can think for themselves drive old cars that they like forever.
                          Amen, brother.

Comment

She went to the scrapper today. Was glad to get rid of it. Unfortunatly, I didn't get the goods from it. Way too rusty! Pic of the trailing arm. This car sat in a pond or a ditch for a while.
                            [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Comment

Man that car had been beat to ... and back, I remember the thread on fa.com where the guy was trying to sell it, I wish I'd of been close enough to put that thing to rest and out of its' own misery. Hopefully you didn't lose anything on it, just keep your eyes peeled, sooner or later the right swap candidate will pop up for the right price.
                              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                              1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                              1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                              1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                              1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                              1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                              1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

What would be a good price on a swap candidate...entire car?
                                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                                Random Festiva Parts
                                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
                                X