No announcement yet.

proper wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good! What width/offset are they?

Comment

Oh, lol. Meant to post that. They are 13x7" et35mm with a 4x100mm bolt center. I'm running 13x7x20.5" Hoosier bias ply slicks on them. These tires at light as a feather. I'll get a combined weight when I have them mounted.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Keeping 7 inch wide tires within the wheel wells is quite the engineering feat! For all my negative comments to most people looking to 'balloon-out' their wheels at least I strongly suspect that you know what you're doing because there is a real purpose.

Comment

Ooops, wrong thread!
          Last edited by MrFishah; 09-11-2012, 03:46 PM.
          #33 Ford Festiva "We Are Not Really From Iran" - 24-Hours of LeMons 3x Trophy Winner & Class B Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
            Keeping 7 inch wide tires within the wheel wells is quite the engineering feat! For all my negative comments to most people looking to 'balloon-out' their wheels at least I strongly suspect that you know what you're doing because there is a real purpose.
            The trick here is the small 20.5" o.d. which will also improve my final drive ratio on the track. Another thing to note Bert, is that I'll be running around -3 degrees camber with these bias ply tires. That helps them to slip up into the fenders. I have more inward clearance than most festivas because of my custom shocks.
            The purpose of this mod is simply that the car is capable of destroying 185mm wide R compound DOT race tires in a weekend, and that gets costly. If these Hoosiers work then they will be one third the tire budget. Since the R888 is no longer the spec formula Ford tire, they are harder for me to get. I was buying surplus R888 tires after they changed the tire specification.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Good choice. Very nice wheels!

I love to see my Kia on Winrace A wheels, 13x7.
              http://www.braid.at/_new_images/spor...NRACEA7X13.jpg

But way to overdrawn for my car on nearly stock suspension at the moment.
              Last edited by Uhuzit; 09-11-2012, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Very nice! I'm in practically the same boat setup wise as you, although we do have tiny variations. I am in the process of getting 13x8 track wheels, and small diameter bias plys. Skipping the dot r coumpounds all together. Wish we could have a track day together!
                '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

Uhuzit, those wheels are very nice!

BUSTIVA, I would love to have a track day together as well. Maybe we could meet at a track in between us. Within the next year or so I think that more people will have festivas at the track out here. Every time I run my car people are extremely interested in it. Search " chasing stupid fast festiva" on YouTube. The driver who was piloting that Corvette gets paid to drive, and has done over 2000 laps at that track. He and I ran identical lap times consistently. We played cat and mouse all day and he couldn't get enough of the Festiva. It's only a matter of time. I'm excited.

Comment

look killer charlie!
                    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                    X