Slammed stiff suspension.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
    But was it 1-2 inches off the ground BEFORE loading it?

I just thought of something. What if you used the rubber cylinders and springs? The rubber would then just be industrial strength bump stops to keep from going lower than say 1" off the ground. Then you could use more sanely stiff springs and keep it 2" high with them. Put on the 1200 and it just sinks 1" till it rests on the rubber. Presto.
    If I can get variable rate bumpstops (if they even make such a thing) that'd be perfect.
    1993 Ford Festiva "Superleggera" 5-Speed

McMaster Engineering Custom Vehicle Team

Comment

make a solid tube bumpstop out of rubber, then shave it into the shape of a cone on the outside, presto!, instant variable rate bumpstop.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post
        If I can get variable rate bumpstops (if they even make such a thing) that'd be perfect.
        Most bumpstops sold today are variable rate.
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/REAR-SHOCK-B...b06a70&vxp=mtr
        Here are some, but there are thousands of different examples at the salvage yard. You can also trim them to get the rate you desire.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
        X