Now with more Rio front brakes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now with more Rio front brakes.

Passed from 8.5 non vented to 10" Vented. New bearings and seals , powdercoated everything. And for the wheels (changing bolt paterns) , I got both on those wheels , so it doesnt matter. Oh and studs FTW. Added to that , ceramic brakes , and high end raybestos discs (rust treated) 40$ a pop. This is on the shogun im building.

The powdercoated calipers look great! I'd have gone black with the knuckle assembly, but that's me. Man, I might go RIO with my front brakes... Lunch is ready!
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Very nice.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Nice!

Are those Rio knuckes?

If so, what year Rio, and did they come with the studs on the hubs?

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
          Nice!

Are those Rio knuckes?

If so, what year Rio, and did they come with the studs on the hubs?

Karl
          Yes

03-05 knuckles.

Yes.

Comment

Looks great. Please update on how the alignment goes.
            '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
            '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
            '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
            '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
            '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
            '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
            '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Originally posted by David88 View Post
              Looks great. Please update on how the alignment goes.
              Wont be for now , and then its got wider rear wheels , im not even sure how or where im gonna take it for alignment for this , theres no specs for a custom shogun.

Comment

Wanna tell me the distance from center to the outside of the highest point on the caliper?

Comment

03-05 rio setup finally! You rock
                  rusEfi - DIY ECU
                  93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
                    Wont be for now , and then its got wider rear wheels , im not even sure how or where im gonna take it for alignment for this , theres no specs for a custom shogun.
                    I'd start with 1/8" toe in ( combined) with -1 degree camber in the rear and zero toe with -1.5 degrees negative camber in the front and see how it feels and go from there. No need for an alignment shop, you built it, you'll have to learn what it likes.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

quick question, does any one know if the 03-05 rio calipers will bolt on to the aspire knuckles? or are they a totally different suspension system?

Comment

No the bolt location are different

Comment

are the later 2002 rio calipers the same as the 03-05? they look exactly the same as this setup that you have PhoenixSHO
                          -1991 L 238k AC/Cruise Josh's future DD from neanderpaul, the clean slate!

-1991 GL 171k AC/Rust free Jake's future DD (thanks kevin!)

-1993 L B6T swapped auto(thanks rob!) 88k was 123whp 15.8 at 87mph currently undergoing surgery

-1989 LX crazy project car you'll all see one day! (hopefully fm8 )

Have one hydro g and xr2 mid shaft for sale super cheap! PM me!

we have owned 10 of these cars to date and we're only 20 hahah.. call it an obsession!

Comment

Originally posted by jake88maro View Post
                            are the later 2002 rio calipers the same as the 03-05? they look exactly the same as this setup that you have PhoenixSHO
                            They made a switch in 02, I have seen both small and large brakes on them. I would be safe and stick with a 2003 for the larger brakes and 2001 for Aspire sized stuff. Keeps everyone from guessing.
                            Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

Originally posted by rbrown View Post
                              They made a switch in 02, I have seen both small and large brakes on them. I would be safe and stick with a 2003 for the larger brakes and 2001 for Aspire sized stuff. Keeps everyone from guessing.
                              right right. im just buying them off a guy locally and he has the set that appears the later 03-05 lol! thats all lol! thanks a lot!
                              -1991 L 238k AC/Cruise Josh's future DD from neanderpaul, the clean slate!

-1991 GL 171k AC/Rust free Jake's future DD (thanks kevin!)

-1993 L B6T swapped auto(thanks rob!) 88k was 123whp 15.8 at 87mph currently undergoing surgery

-1989 LX crazy project car you'll all see one day! (hopefully fm8 )

Have one hydro g and xr2 mid shaft for sale super cheap! PM me!

we have owned 10 of these cars to date and we're only 20 hahah.. call it an obsession!

Comment

Working...
                              X