Now with more Rio front brakes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What RB said is correct
    Last edited by PhoenixSHO; 11-30-2012, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jake88maro View Post
      right right. im just buying them off a guy locally and he has the set that appears the later 03-05 lol! thats all lol! thanks a lot!
      That is just it. On sight they appear the same. Just eyeballing these without something to base them on you cannot tell. Take a tape measure and measure the rotor to be sure.
      Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

So all of these parts are from an 03-05 rio? Any fabrication or modification needed to be done?

Comment

RB and SHO, i have been follwing the Kia Rio brake threads and just wounder, do you really get better braking from the 03 up Rio Brakes as compaired to the 00/02 Rio brakes, i mean if you hit the brakes and lock up the tires with the 00/02 swap do i really need the 03 up parts.
          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
            RB and SHO, i have been follwing the Kia Rio brake threads and just wounder, do you really get better braking from the 03 up Rio Brakes as compaired to the 00/02 Rio brakes, i mean if you hit the brakes and lock up the tires with the 00/02 swap do i really need the 03 up parts.
            You know, that is a good question.
            Personally I am a believer in the biggest brakes possible. I have 4 piston Brembos on my Thunderbird for goodness sakes.

But to your question. Probably not. And I might swap back just for weight reduction in the future. I am turning this car into a pig...
            I would love to have a swap that uses aluminum calipers.
            Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

RB wrote:

"I would love to have a swap that uses aluminum calipers."

Oh yeah. The next stage in Festiva/Aspire braking evolution!!

When someone finds a way to do this, please tell me.

As far as weight goes, I once measured Raybestos PG Plus rotors, MTX vs. ATX (thicker). There was a 1.5 pound difference between them. That's three pounds of unsprung, rotating weight on your drive wheels. Still, I have to admit, my ATX rotors on Aqua are feeling really nice despite that extra 3 pounds.

Karl
              Last edited by Safety Guy; 11-30-2012, 01:58 PM.
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                Since im on 205 R16 on front and 265 in the rear of that shogun and its on Ecsta XS (ultra soft compounds) Its gonna take alot to lock these.

On the Taurus sho you see in my sig , I got 13" Cobra rotors with PBR cobra calipers , and the braking power is just awesome , all cars should come with that kind of braking power for safety sake.

Comment

Do you know if the splines match up on to the stock festy CV joints

Comment

Originally posted by 90-666 View Post
                    Do you know if the splines match up on to the stock festy CV joints
                    Yup , rio calipers and system , will fit your festy CV shafts.

Comment

So is the 03-05 ideal for a b6t festiva or is the 00-02 better for that perticular setup??
                      Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
                      Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
                      AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
                        Yup , rio calipers and system , will fit your festy CV shafts.
                        thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by frankm201 View Post
                          So is the 03-05 ideal for a b6t festiva or is the 00-02 better for that perticular setup??
                          the 00-02 is the "middle" upgrade , in my book , worthless. If you give yourself the trouble of the swap , might as well go 03-05.

Comment

Were the hells my like button :-)
                            Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
                            Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
                            AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

Comment

Re: Now with more Rio front brakes.

Originally posted by frankm201 View Post
                              Were the hells my like button :-)
                              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I found the front parts to do this swap. Can I use the rear spindles and brakes to get the bolt pattern? or would that be aspire for the rear?
                                HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
                                "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

Working...
                                X