No announcement yet.

New Snow Tires..13 inch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, somebody knifed the whole block, probably the same guy that was asking everybody on the block for crystal Meth a little earlier..things are crazy!
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
      Yes, somebody knifed the whole block, probably the same guy that was asking everybody on the block for crystal Meth a little earlier..things are crazy!
      Dang Dude,well at least you weren't singled out.
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Re: New Snow Tires..13 inch

There would've been a shooting as well, had that happened here.
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Canadian winters: Rough, but meth-head free! Around here anyway. This year is mild as hell I wouldn't even bother getting a set of snow tires.
          1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
          2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

Originally posted by defprun View Post
            Canadian winters: Rough, but meth-head free! Around here anyway. This year is mild as hell I wouldn't even bother getting a set of snow tires.
            Yah well you southern Ontario folks live in the 'banana belt' when it comes to weather. Don't gloat, your time to be "caught with your pants down" (no snow tires) will happen soon enough. Welland is right across the pond from Buffalo NY which is nationally (US) revered as strangest weather city known. We (Ottawa) just had another ceremonial dump of snow today with another 4 inches worth. Festys love snow and handbrake turns are at their prime when the roads are slippery and needless to say I found excuses to drive all over today.

Comment

Gidday Movin. The Canadian Tire namebrand of Goodyear "Nordics" (175/70-13) I currently have on (unused and from off a dead Aspire from 2 years ago) are wonderful. Can Tire announced last fall that they (new stock) have been substantially improved.
              Tire slashers? Can't use a gun here but police often do look the other way upon reports of an obvious felon having "fallen down the stairs" multiple times while trying to avoid capture by irate homeowners. A buddy of mine in Vancouver had a pet Bull Mastiff (friendly, gentle and dumb-looking dog, but 175 lbs and impervious to pain) years ago and one night it jumped right through a sturdy wood picket fence in order to interrupt a B&E going on next door. That entirely surprised fellow shit himself, left all his tools behind and badly injured himself from leaping into and running through a blackberry (lots of thorns) thicket in trying to get away from the dog. Dog did SFA to the guy and came home with a 'canine grin' on it's face and slept very well. Neighbours brought over soup bones for "Polly" for many years after. And B&Es suddenly dropped off around there, and probably elsewhere too.

Comment

All this is at my daughters house, no dogs or guns allowed there.
                Right now my Rot is guarding My house and he is 200 or so lbs with a growl
                about the same frequency as an earthquake..When I get home I have an assortment
                of toys..

These tires I have several times picked up speed going down hill, the stones never did
                that. We will have weather for a while so I will pick up some generals either local or online. I may put these new ones on the ATX as size wise they are perfect and we finally got her to leave the newspaper, but she needs a job...another story. I could put the two good stones that are left on the back and try out two generals on the front. If I remember right I could not find the right size tire but with the lift on the red one I can put about anything I want on there.

well, almost!!

Last edited by Movin; 01-28-2013, 10:24 PM.
                Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Im running the General Altimax Artics....and have to say, they are the best snows Ive ever driven on. Had a set of the Winterforce's, and those are simply poor in contrast!!

Comment

Looking for 6 new snow tires, studless for my car, possibly studded for fluffy
                    She has to hang on steep icy streets at night delivering papers..
                    this is the best I found, studs are $8.50 per tire, mounting is free, balancing??

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Firestone-...9S-BW/19889555
                    I have those same brand-new Winterforces on beat-up Aspire alloys. Bought 'em Nov. 2011, never used them due to a total lack of snow both winters! But winter is not over yet, and selling them will guarantee that I will need them a week later.
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by koRnhead View Post
                      Im running the General Altimax Artics....and have to say, they are the best snows Ive ever driven on. Had a set of the Winterforce's, and those are simply poor in contrast!!
                      I burned thru two sets of the FS Winterforce. My observation that I relayed to Movin was this. In deep fresh snow,hands down Winterforce. But in all other types of conditions the Generals performed on par. And where I really noticed the greatest difference was on cold wet roads ice & snow pack. They were really way better in this area. So much so, you really wanted to push the car to its limits. Its to bad there arent more tire choices in our size 13". Some "Blizzacks" would be great,but the Generals are just fine for our little toy cars.
                      Last edited by nitrofarm; 01-29-2013, 12:15 PM.

Comment

if the winterforces worked well for you Im happy....personally I hated them, they sucked in every condition. At least for me, I still rank the Generals higher than everything else Ive driven on. And that includes a set of Nokians, and three sets of Dunlop Graspics on my Galant VR-4's.

Comment

Re: New Snow Tires..13 inch

Winterforces rocked on everything I had them on. I have generals on my golf and theyre awesome too.
                          91GL BP/F3A with boost
                          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by koRnhead View Post
                            if the winterforces worked well for you Im happy....
                            Thats not what I said at all. The Firestones "Clean Out" much better. And I dont like Dunlops at all.I dont even bother trying them.I sold to many that came back with customers unhappy with them when I worked for Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                              Winterforces rocked on everything I had them on. I have generals on my golf and theyre awesome too.
                              They are awesome in the Gravel.Seriously I've got a lot of gravel and you could really high speed drift with those tires. I had em on my 06 Civic and you could just give it all she had.And they really hooked up good. But the compound was to hard in my opinion for ice rain etc. Tires are always a compromise imo.

Comment

Thought I'd share this with you guys.Only got stuck with the Firestones once.The car was just to low,otherwise it could have kept going. Some of the drifts were about 3-4 ft high and I would hit them as fast as I could. Made it to within 1 mile of my Casa & got "High Sided" Here is a Winter/Summer pic of my road. Ended up walking a mile.Getting my plow & plowing my whole road,just so I could get home & go to bed hmmmmmm

LOL that poor car was just destined to die.

Comment

Working...
                                X