Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good Ian!

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Little bit a setback... discovered that the balljoint is on its way out. Ordering Moog replacements right away.

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
      Last edited by fastivaca; 04-20-2013, 09:48 PM.
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

At Indystiva today I watched Dennis work on putting in a new pair of control arms using his LIFT. Oh man, how nice to work at eye level!! Makes it look absolutely easy/fun/simple. Much better than squinching down underneath the car.

Karl

Comment

MOOG replacement LCAs ordered for both sides from Rockauto. I'm going to put the car back together with the old LCA init should hold for a few days anyway. When those come in I plan on further suspension revisions. After a lengthy discussion with Charlie I am going back to the stock Festiva sway bar. I will be installing all new bushing at the same time, sway bar to body from Nolathane, sway bar to LCA (Moog) and possibly replacing the stock LCA to body with some custom urethane bushing I purchased from a member here a long time ago. I'll keep you posted.
          Last edited by fastivaca; 04-20-2013, 10:11 PM.
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

Another setback.
            Passenger side outer tie rod end is shot. Oh well, at least I found out now and not. the hard way later.

Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Ian wrote:

"...and possibly replacing the stock LCA to body with some custom urethane bushing I purchased from a member here a long time ago."

I think I have a pair of those bushings, too. I'm saving them for a performance build.

Karl

Comment

Parts assembled and ready for install. Decided not to use the custom LCA to body bushes.

uploadfromtaptalk1367463628727.jpg

Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Done Off for an alignment in the morning.

Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Excellent. Let us know about the difference!
                    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I remember you having tire wear issues on your way back from AZ. I wonder if those parts were the culprit.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                        Excellent. Let us know about the difference!
                        Figured it was time for a long overdue update. Front end feels really good. I'm very happy with the stock Festiva sway bar compared to the Aspire version I was running. Don't know how to explain it but it just feels better than the Aspire bar. The car fells very planted at speed through corners. So for those doing the Aspire brake swap I wouldn't worry about putting on the larger sway bar, in my experience and opinion it's not worth it. I'll be keeping the stock sway bar on the B6T project car too.
                        Last edited by fastivaca; 11-15-2013, 12:12 PM.
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

I prefer a festiva sway bar on my car too. Just feels better than the aspire did.

Keep the updates coming
                          -Greg
                          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                          Redneck Engineer
                          FOTY - '09
                          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                          X