custom lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom lift

im going to put a lift on one of my festivas to pull of a (baja look) probably a 3 to 4 inch lift already got a custom roof-rack with spot lights and tire rack but is there any major modification i would have to do because im just going to make custom blocks that go on the top of the struts. if there is a better and easier way im all ears
    1993 festy "white stallion" BP swap with 7" lift, 1ton wench
    R.I.P. 1991 festy "the festiva" stock b3, atv bumper, 8' whip

is there any reason for this lol?? i mean i'm all for custom but are you going to be actually racing it and jumping it? id look into bolt on struts from a rio, i believe they may be longer use them in combo with a longer spring, and i do know that aspire strut will give ya about 1.5-2 inches of lift right there, i really have slightest the clue on lifting one of these things because no one does lol. every other time were going the other way and lowerin em'. hopefully someone else can chime in here with better info for ya!
    -1991 L 238k AC/Cruise Josh's future DD from neanderpaul, the clean slate!

-1991 GL 171k AC/Rust free Jake's future DD (thanks kevin!)

-1993 L B6T swapped auto(thanks rob!) 88k was 123whp 15.8 at 87mph currently undergoing surgery

-1989 LX crazy project car you'll all see one day! (hopefully fm8 )

Have one hydro g and xr2 mid shaft for sale super cheap! PM me!

we have owned 10 of these cars to date and we're only 20 hahah.. call it an obsession!

Comment

I think Movin is the member you need to converse with.
      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

ha well i had a festiva the other year but did amazing in mud and sand but it never got stuck just got high centered a fue times and i want to fix that problem cuz it tares up underside haha not fun.. but ill just be using it for normal daily driving and some off road no jumping or racing just for shits and giggles. yea you dont expect these cars being any good in mud but ive gotten through some mud my truck wouldn't even go through but after i fihuer it out ill enlighten people lifting is better for the country folks!

Comment

and movin is that the guy with the lifted chop topped festiva?

Comment

One thing you have to watch is pulling the axles out of the transmission if you lift it too high.
            Jerry
            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

You COULD... just sell your Festiva to me or someone else that would want it. Then go buy a Justy, Metro, or someother turd, rather than taking a Festiva off the road... I'm just saying..

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
              1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
              1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
              1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
              1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
              1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
              1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

If you're a cheapskate, and practical, I'm thinking that swapping over to Aspire suspension (and/or Rio fronts), including uncut springs, will get you plenty of lift. If I recall Aspire driveaxles are slightly longer (1/4"?) too, which also might help. Festy swappers typically cut 1 1/2-2 Aspire coils in order to keep their cars normal looking. Don't get too carried away about this or elevated center of gravity is going to work against you.
                Also, the gas and brake lines all run exposed along the floor; you might want to do something about that before contemplating about getting hung up on a rock!

Comment

Re: custom lift

It's been done once before.

Looks like a Tracker frame on a Festiva. That might be your best bet.
                  In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                  There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post

That's quite the rig! Especially if it houses a V8, like it says in the window. Dropping a Festy shell on to a 4x4 frame!

Comment

yea i ant getting rid of this festiva i made a mistake in selling mine last ear and have been regretting it ever sence

Comment

yea i was planning on moving and protecting them lines cuz ive ripped them of before

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post

Trackers had independent rear suspension.
                          Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
                          88? Parts car-sold
                          91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
                          86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
                          1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                            That's quite the rig! Especially if it houses a V8, like it says in the window. Dropping a Festy shell on to a 4x4 frame!
                            This is what should have been given to the guy at the end of idiocracy!!
                            Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                            Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                            Highway - 7.32L/100km
                            City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Looking at my other Project festy Im going to convet into a truckstiva, Maybe on the rear, Just add Longer air shocks.
                              and for the fronts Aspire axles,aspire struts/springs, or rio ones and some spacers,camber bolts, aspire LCAs, and dropping the cradle,sway bar and steering rack a inch will maintain all factory caster/camber with out binding any of the steering? No facts to back it up, but seems like it would work, and still have driveablity, and good clearance.
                              Last edited by gestiva; 01-10-2013, 01:46 AM.
                              93L sold. First FESTY!
                              91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
                              91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
                              89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
                              93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
                              89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
                              93GL Sold Too Soon!
                              91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

Working...
                              X