custom lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gestiva View Post
    Looking at my other Project festy Im going to convet into a truckstiva, Maybe on the rear, Just add Longer air shocks.
    and for the fronts Aspire axles,aspire struts/springs, or rio ones and some spacers,camber bolts, aspire LCAs, and dropping the cradle,sway bar and steering rack a inch will maintain all factory caster/camber with out binding any of the steering? No facts to back it up, but seems like it would work, and still have driveablity, and good clearance.
    That almost works, the geometry as viewed from the front has a slight A shape. As the lower part goes down it needs to get wider. As viewed from the side the lower is in general in front of the top part. As the lower part goes down it needs to shift to the front. With these two things it can be aligned.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Being an offroad guy, I actually like the idea if done correctly. Offroad to me doesn't mean beat the living crap out of it till it breaks. Well, I do do that on my dirtbike. Here's a Festiva done up like you want to do.
      they said it couldnt be done...they said i was a fool...when it was done...all they said was "i wanna drive it!" this was a normal 89 ford fesitva, bought t...

How about a Beetle and a Golf?
      DSC03747.jpg
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Eaglefreek; 01-10-2013, 09:56 AM.
      Rick
      1993 Ford Festiva
      1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
      1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
      2000 Ford E350

Comment

That is cool, cars that can go awhile without refuel yet not leave you
        walking cause they are stuck!

The festiva is not lifted but baja a bit. He also has desert tires in the sand
        with wayyy too much air, didn't work to well.

Comment

That Golf was done really well. Gross on the new Beetle! Love old Baja Beetles though!
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts
          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

okay i got my lift done in the back only took me a day to do and i got 6inches of lift on the rear gives me about 13inches of clarence with stock festiva rims and tires!! now i got to do the frount i already have it built and ready to be bulted on but the axles are to short and ford aspire axles are too short too. so i got to make cuztom ones. any idea how much longer to make the axle shafts? also the control arms and sway bar mounts have to be ajusted too? any tips cuz this is new for me with this big of a lift on somthing never ment to be lifted..

so basically i need to make longer axles, custom control arms, longer tie rods, and alter the sway bar mount. so if any one has ever done this it would be nice to get a tip
            1993 festy "white stallion" BP swap with 7" lift, 1ton wench
            R.I.P. 1991 festy "the festiva" stock b3, atv bumper, 8' whip

Comment

As mentioned in a previous post, a member here named "Movin" ( from post #18 ) has the info you need.

He has ATV tires on his lifted Festy, and modified suspension components. PM him.

He also has cool pics on his profile.
              Last edited by drddan; 05-03-2013, 06:46 PM.
              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

he hasent lifted his like mine he only swaped out ford aspire suspenshion thats all nothing near as extream as i am doing he only did a 2 inch lift im doing 3x that much

Comment

I don't have any aspire parts anywhere on the car. It has a 2 inch lift with 4 250lb guys in the car

Thats with 2 inches of adjustment left to go
                  Last edited by Movin; 05-06-2013, 09:55 PM.

Comment

my bad i thought someone told me you did and sence thats the case what did you have to change on the frount end of the car to get that lift to fit with out it pulling the frount axles out cuz when i tried to bolt in my lift for the frount it pulled them out cuz there are too short

Comment

My bad too, I have Aspire inner cv's which showed up in the list I wrote you. Currently I have 6 inches from original in the front and 7 in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                        Currently I have 6 inches from original in the front and 7 in the rear.
                        Chris...I tried to tell you .... this guy knows what he's doin'!!!! Movin' Marvin...FTW! lol

I dont know who's got the most modified Festy's .... Movin' or Advanvancedynamics. 'Course they went in different directions!
                        Advanced has his modded for Auto-x and Movin' for Off Roadin
                        Last edited by drddan; 05-07-2013, 01:31 PM.
                        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Advance by far, my engine and transmission are basically stock. Mine is probably a little heavier as well..stock seats ect.
                          Chris may take this to a new level!!

Comment

i got an all stock one to besides the steal bumper i made so the weight is all the same thow plus the winch im putting on to so mine will be heavy!! and i dont want to over do any one or do i?? :laughing3:

Comment

got the rear lifted and done and it clears 205/75/r14 now and gives me 17inches of clarance under my car!! and im putting the frount lift on this afternoon

Comment

Don't forget pics!

Comment

Working...
                                X