No announcement yet.

custom lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay ill do that first thang in the morning and its a 93 and yea its still spitting watter so how long do I let it run before it should stop? Sry I don't no much about this cuz I've never had tto do this before
    1993 festy "white stallion" BP swap with 7" lift, 1ton wench
    R.I.P. 1991 festy "the festiva" stock b3, atv bumper, 8' whip

Comment

• Run it enough to open the thermostat and the radiator feels hot. If all looks good test drive it. I assume you changed the oil given what it has been through. Make sure no remnant of water is in the engine oil.
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• It's a 93 and ill see what it does with tthe radiator cap off for a while

Comment

• There is white smoke comming out the rear exhoust and is a puffing sound with water still comming out the back end

Comment

• Would water in the oil cause that?

Comment

• When its cold, take the radiator cap off, start the car and start pouring DISTILLED water in, when it overflows from the radiator, squeeze the upper and lower radiator hoses, watch the water level in the radiator, it should raise and drop lower than it was...do that for like 5 minutes until you can't get anymore water in there and the level doesn't drop anymore, then top off the reservoir to the full mark, don't fill it up all the way. Don't use anything but distilled water and antifreeze.

If you swapped the head gasket in 5 hours you didn't clean the block very well, or you have shop tools at your disposal away from home...you also didn't get the head shaved like you need to. Chances are very good you just wasted a 25$ gasket and a couple quarts of oil. Second times a charm?!
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
              1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
              1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
              1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
              1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
              1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Also I don't know how you went about pulling the head but I think its easiest to disconnect the exhaust mani and pull the head with the intake still attached. I bolt the intake on before reinstalling the head too, just makes it easier the intake bolts are kind of a pita. The torque on the head bolts needs to be right too, I chase the holes with a tap, then clean with a series of compressed air and half a box of q-tips.
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• I scraped the block cleen for about an hour with a razor blade and and torked the head down for what the cliltons book said. I've been runninng it 20 minutes to have the thermostat open up to let the air out of it but the fan hasn't turned on and hasn't stoped gushung out water but its reeding the temp on the dash

Comment

• The dash temp sensor and ecu temp sensor are two different sensors. Theres three sensors really, one on the intake manifold, one on the thermostat housing, and one on the front of the block beside the bypass tube hose. If your still blowing water and smoke out of the exhaust you probably have a bad gasket seal...b6 it!
                    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• Ide love to b6 it but I have no motor to drop in it or the time cuz I work Monday and I'm still stranded in kc

Comment

• If you unplug one(can't remember which one) of the sensors on the front, the fan should kick on and stay on constant, try them one at a time? But if it is just warming up and going straight to hot, .....that's not really even a band aid to get you home. :/
                        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• Ill have to try that and probably take out the thermostat for better cerculation

Comment

• Yea its shooting water out the tail pipe like a water gun and running really rich on fumes

Comment

• Chris it sounds like you need to surface the head. You could probably reuse the head gasket if you use copper cote but only if you can't swing doing it right. I would only use tap water for coolant until you get home then if all is good drain and fill with the good stuff.
                              Shut the car off warm and pull the plugs, see if steam comes from 1 or 2 or you see water, that means the head gasket did not seal. There is an intake spot that could leak from water to intake port if that gasket failed...but that is unheard of
                              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• i found the problem last night the torque diagram i used some yahhoo answer place (should have used fordfestiva.com...) was 15lbs off so i went to some form on here and i re torqued it and it fixed my problem with every thing but its over heating and no heat coming out of the heater i bought head gasket sealer sea-foam and engine oil sealer just for good measures.) but im getting a thermostat to see if that fixes my problem

but the aspire front springs are sooo much stiffer and works wonders on turns and little off road haha (just hit a fue big bumps in a row) but im getting a welder today to weld my fount blocks together so i can finish my lift! only took me 2 months and 150$ (not counting tires or all the problems that just came up lol) so im not complaining with a 8" lift for a festiva for that price!! so mud runs and trails here i come!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X