No announcement yet.

13 inch Tire Sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one found a decent set of 165/65r13 tires? That is the closest size(rolling diameter) to the stock 12s

Comment

Originally posted by micro_trucktiva View Post
      Any one found a decent set of 165/65r13 tires? That is the closest size(rolling diameter) to the stock 12s
      Recommend the Vredestein or the Achilles, depending on what you want them to do:

Last edited by TominMO; 09-13-2014, 07:43 AM.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I want my speedo to be accurate hahaha. But I may end up with snow tires in 175/70r13 and then get correct sized all seasons next spring

Comment

Is it true the overall diameter of the tire increases with wider tires? Because that is what some calculators say, and some others don't.

Because this particular calculator.... http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-calculator/
          Says between the Factory 145/80/12s, and the 175/70/13s I have on there now, there is a whopping 7.1% difference in speedo/odometer readings.

But here is what I am saying, I thought all 1xx/80/12 tires were all the same exact diameter, but that is not true according to that calculator, it is actually saying there is a 3.3% difference in the speedo/odometer readings between the factory 145s on the L models, to the 155s most people had to use since 145s are extremely hard to find outside the internet.

This is all very confusing. If that calculator is indeed right, then I have been miscalculating my mileage when checking my MPGs, and actually have been getting roughly 2MPG higher averages than I have been calculating.
          Last edited by TorqueEffect; 09-13-2014, 08:39 PM.
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

The caca lator I hadfor 175/70-13's you take the mileage x 1.07%.
            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

You are right and also wrong.The second number in a tire size is the aspect ratio.Meaning the sidewall height is a precentage of the tread width.For example a 155/80/13 tire has a tread width of 155 millimeters and a sidewall height of 80% of tread width or 155 multiplied by .80 which equals 124 millimeters.So yes a tire such as 175/80/13 would be taller because sidewall height would be 175 X .80 equal 140 mm.That is 16mm dfference but that must be doubled to 32mm because when measuring tire height you have sidewall both above and below the centerline of the rim.That means a wider tire must have a lower aspect ratio to keep overall tire height the same.175/70/13 equal 122.5mm sidewall height almost the same as 155/80/13.

Comment

I ride 185/60R13s. Rides nice & handles good.
                sigpic Hold up, I'm headed to the moon cus the world is screwed up

Comment

Working...
                X