14x5.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14x5.5

Will these 14x5.5s 38 offset fit on the rear with out any mods? What would be a good tire for it. Just need to know so I can get spacers.

Those should be OK. If youre wanting that fittiment with no mods or spacer get 165/55r14 tires.
    I have the stock setup. No mods. No lowering. Just stock and they fit perfectly.

-James
    Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

Except mine are 14×6" with +35mm offset

-James
      Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

ok, same deal... perfect fit.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

If you dispense with the trials and tribulations of unknowns you can more easily (and cheap) try to find 4 hole Kia Rio alloys. They are 'bang on' in every respect, clear the rotors, no spacers required, hub is perfect and the ones I got for free are 6 x 14. Only change to be made is for ball-seat bolts instead of OEM Festy cone-seat. Ball seat bolts (common to Rios/Audi/VW etc) have 17mm heads, which (compared to 14mm Festy) is also a bonus if you ever have to reef on them.
          Perhaps I was premature with this advice. You do have the Aspire brake and suspension swap in place already?

Comment

^^ He's going with Capri front brake swap and rear Festy brakes (like my car), so 4x114.3. Don't see a pic of the wheels, but 14x5.5 is the same size as the Capri wheels. Same offset too IIRC. I've got 14x6 Estrellas on now, with spacers for the rear. 185/60x14 tires. So 5.5 hopefully won't require a spacer.

My Capri knuckles came stock with short studs, but on the rear Festy drums I have long aftermarket studs, so putting on spacers still leaves plenty of thread for the lug nuts.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

20130621_110205.jpg
              I think im going to try and get a tire size that will not need a spacer. Ill see what my buddy has tomorrow.

Comment

165/55R14!

you have to order online or special through someone.
                Otherwise you'll be running a spacer it rubbing your perch.

-James

Comment

Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
                  165/55R14!

you have to order online or special through someone.
                  Otherwise you'll be running a spacer it rubbing your perch.

-James
                  Is this what you are running?

Comment

Originally posted by jhli View Post
                    Is this what you are running?
                    Yeah. With 35mm offset.
                    They fit perfect on stock setup and are low enough to miss the spring perch if they come in 3mm more.

I searched 165/55r14 on Google and got www.TIRES-EASY.com and grabbed the federal formoza fd1. They were 280ish shipped for all

-James

Comment

Yeah. With 35mm offset.
                      They fit perfect on stock setup and are low enough to miss the spring perch if they come in 3mm more.

I searched 165/55r14 on Google and got www.TIRES-EASY.com and grabbed the federal formoza fd1. They were 280ish shipped for all

-James
                      This: http://www2.tires-easy.com/cgi-bin/r...ahrzeugart=PKW

FWIW the wear rating is only 360. Maybe use these on the rear where they will wear less and the rubbing issues will be solved; then go with another tire for the front that lasts longer, like the 185/60x14 Kumho Solus KR21 (640 wear rating, i.e. 85,000 miles).
                      Last edited by TominMO; 06-24-2013, 09:37 AM.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                        This: http://www2.tires-easy.com/cgi-bin/r...ahrzeugart=PKW

FWIW the wear rating is only 360. Maybe use these on the rear where they will wear less and the rubbing issues will be solved; then go with another tire for the front that lasts longer, like the 185/60x14 Kumho Solus KR21 (640 wear rating, i.e. 85,000 miles).
                        Plenty of guys in here run these. Maybe not this size but nontheless they do. 360 is different from other tire brands as they use different specs to determine that rating.
                        Mine may be brand new, But I have them on all corners and they're amazing. 185/60 is too heavy of a tire IMO to be running on a b3 festy.

-James

Comment

Plenty of guys in here run these. Maybe not this size but nontheless they do. 360 is different from other tire brands as they use different specs to determine that rating.
                          Mine may be brand new, But I have them on all corners and they're amazing. 185/60 is too heavy of a tire IMO to be running on a b3 festy.

-James
                          Which is why you should be swapping in a more-fun motor....

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                            Which is why you should be swapping in a more-fun motor....
                            Too bad you jerks have them all. Haha. I don't have the experience to do something crazy. And don't really wanna send bookous of money having someone on here do it for me.

-James

Comment

if you can replace a clutch, you can do a b6/BP swap
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                              X