I've searched but still confused....12" Metro Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've searched but still confused....12" Metro Wheels

So my brother found some 12" Metro wheels with tires. The tires are used, but not much. I can get 6 of them for $150. Will these bolt on to my 88 LX?

Yep...
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Just like Festiva wheels bolt right on a Chevy Sprint.

Replacing the near-bald 13s on the racecar with a $20 set of (like-new! w/wheels) junkyard 12s I got. I actually feel kind of bad about it..

-Joe
      Last edited by Spike; 07-11-2013, 02:08 PM.
      White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
      White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
      1988 LX 5-speed
      ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Should be no problem at all. I ran 13" Metro rims on my 93 for a couple of years before I found some aluminum 4x114 AR rims for it.
        If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
        Zulu Ministries

Comment

A tape measure will tell you if the bolt pattern is 4 1/2 inch (ie 114.3 mm Festiva) and all other info (from this site) beyond that suggests that 90s Metro/Swift/Firefly rims are perfect for up-sizing. Same offset, hub hole size and bolt spacing. Toying with "trailer/wheelbarrow" tires (everything automotive is 14 inch and larger these days) is the Achilles tendon of anyone with longer term plans for a practical and fuel efficient 1700 lb "antique" Festy. Smart cars are same weight (but with room for only 2 occupants) and a modern Fiat 500 is similar outside but much smaller inside (airbags etc etc) and weighs 400 lb more. 12 inch tires are nearly extinct and much more common 13s are mostly restricted to one size (which is 'big' for our purposes) already.

Comment

OK. These are 12" wheels, but I have no idea what year they're from...

Comment

Doesn't matter what year. Had to be the 1st gen ones because the second gens didn't come with 12s at all. So yes they fit.
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

They do fit and have the same bolt pattern. The center hole on the metro wheel is slightly larger so the Festiva will rely on the lug studs to center the wheel.

Comment

Still a little confused. Will 13" metro wheels bolt up? I found a set and need to know soon! Thanks!

Comment

^^^ 13" Metro wheels are a direct swap. Same pattern.

I have them on the '89LX.
                      Last edited by Spike; 10-01-2013, 11:06 AM.
                      White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                      White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                      1988 LX 5-speed
                      ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Get the 13s, you will be glad you did.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Thanks! What size 13" tire is the best?

Comment

175/70/13's are easier to find and priced well. I got a price of $30 each for Radial GT's yesterday.
                            If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                            Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
                            X