Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought a 91 Festiva L. Scary Sloppy Suspension.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCA's and Inner/Outer Tie rods were delivered today. Still on the lookout for the last piece of the puzzle that I haven't bought yet. I want to upgrade to 13" wheels but I'm looking for some that already have tires mounted so that I don't have the cost of new tires on my hand. Started a build log today, in the pictures forum, progress should be pretty fast since I would like to have it road worthy by the time I can legally put it back on the road. Have to wait for the title to be put in the PO name before I can switch it into my name so I can get it tagged so I can drive it.
    My Festiva Youtube Channel.

Skittle and Pesty.

Skittle: 91 Festiva L (143K)
    5 Speed. Aspire Swap. Aspire Booster/EGT Master Cylinder. B6-ME. MSD Streetfire. Miata Seats. Daisy Rims.
    Pesty 88 Fextiva LX
    Aspire B3. 5 Speed. Aspire Swap. Miata Booster/Master Cylinder. Microsquirt. Volvo Turbo. Innovate Wideband O2 sensor. Protege Seats.

Rativa: 89 Festiva LX (Carby) (223K)
    Donor of Life.
    Whitestiva: 91 Festiva GL (236K)
    Auto. Donor of Life.

Comment

Originally posted by nc_festiva View Post
      Have to wait for the title to be put in the PO name before I can switch it into my name so I can get it tagged so I can drive it.
      I hope this works out for you. Shaky way to do business, since you are now dependent on the seller's good will to do his part in a timely manner. Maybe even the owner before him has to get into the act and do his part too (and why should he care--many people wouldn't)! I wouldn't buy a car that wasn't in the seller's name, and it doesn't say much for the seller if he doesn't get this cleared up before putting it up for sale.
      Last edited by TominMO; 09-29-2013, 08:20 AM.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Heh.. We've *cough* - I mean someone we know.. has bought 2 cars that people bought and never registered. Although here in Indiana, you can just put your name as the buyer (assuming the last guy didn't fill that part in) and title it like you bought it from Owner #1, instead of Owner #2.

Easy-peasy.
        White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
        White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
        1988 LX 5-speed
        ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Hey Guys couple more questions.

I got my miata booster in yesterday and someone said something about an adapter I would need with it. Is this something I can pickup at the Autoparts store or Lowes? I would like to get it put in today. If not I'll hit you Zanser.

Also any idea if I could run this size wheel without rubbing issues and adapters?

Thanks Guys.

Skittle and Pesty.

5 Speed. Aspire Swap. Aspire Booster/EGT Master Cylinder. B6-ME. MSD Streetfire. Miata Seats. Daisy Rims.
          Pesty 88 Fextiva LX
          Aspire B3. 5 Speed. Aspire Swap. Miata Booster/Master Cylinder. Microsquirt. Volvo Turbo. Innovate Wideband O2 sensor. Protege Seats.

Donor of Life.
          Auto. Donor of Life.

Comment

One of two things.. either those are competition tires and not street legal, or I'd check for serious dryrot. When we bought the Sprint it had a set of (11 year old!!) 195/60-13s on it, which were last made by BF Goodrich something like.. 2003. I drove on them dryrotted for a long time, but it wasn't a smart idea + they drove realllly weird (though they looked awesome ). Really, really check those tires over before buying.

BF Goodrich doesn't make many 13s in any size anymore.

Then.. I'd think they might have rubbing issues. 185/60s are about the widest I've seen without rolled fenders. Though I really dunno in a 13-inch.

-Joe
            White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
            White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
            1988 LX 5-speed
            ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

I got my miata booster in yesterday and someone said something about an adapter I would need with it. Is this something I can pickup at the Autoparts store or Lowes? I would like to get it put in today. If not I'll hit you Zanser.
              No stores carry it that I'm aware of. You need an adapter similar to this one Advancedynamix made for his Miata booster swap;

I can make one for you after Madness if you don't mind waiting.
              Last edited by Zanzer; 10-03-2013, 12:52 PM.
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Cool. PM the price.
                Thanks

Skittle and Pesty.

Pesty 88 Fextiva LX

Donor of Life.
                Auto. Donor of Life.

Comment

Just took it out for a test drive in a parking lot since I haven't drove it since I bought it. I am getting a high pitched squealing that I didn't hear when I test drove it. Its generally while in first gear but heard it through other gears as well. Drove it for about 30 minutes its stopped making the noise during the middle of the drive but started again towards the end. Any idea what the culprit might be? I'm starting to feel like I might have bought a money pit.

Skittle and Pesty.

Pesty 88 Fextiva LX

Donor of Life.
                  Auto. Donor of Life.

Comment

Once I get it on the road I definitely want to meet up with you festiva guys since I know nothing about cars this one in particular. I've only ever worked on my truck which I know pretty well how to work on it but this car present a whole new set of issues that I am unfamiliar with.

Skittle and Pesty.

Pesty 88 Fextiva LX

Donor of Life.
                    Auto. Donor of Life.

Comment

Belt?
                      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Yeah I think so. Talking to a friend it sounds like the serpentine belt that was replaced right before I got is either loose or hasn't broke in all the way yet. Gonna check it out tomorrow.

Skittle and Pesty.

Pesty 88 Fextiva LX

Donor of Life.
                        Auto. Donor of Life.

Comment

That car should have a V belt. If it was replaced recently then it's probably stretched a little after breaking in. V belts are kinda notorious for that since they don't have the spring loaded tensioner like a serpentine.

I'll only charge you for parts and shipping on the adapter, it should only be a few bucks unless I still have some stock in the shop...in which case just pay for the shipping...unless that's less than 5 bucks...in which case it'll be a freebie :mrgreen:

WWZD
                          Zulu Ministries

Comment

Awesome. I appreciate all the help guys. I will get the skittlemobile road worthy soon enough.( Just hope I don't go broke in the process) Was able to pick up some new replacement parts off craigslist for cheap. I was able to get new rotors, strut mounts, ignition control module. Stuff I will need at some point anyway so I went ahead and got them for a good price.

Skittle and Pesty.

Pesty 88 Fextiva LX

Donor of Life.
                            Auto. Donor of Life.

Comment

Once I get it on the road I definitely want to meet up with you festiva guys since I know nothing about cars this one in particular. I've only ever worked on my truck which I know pretty well how to work on it but this car present a whole new set of issues that I am unfamiliar with.

You coming to Madness this weekend? You don't need to have your car going to join the fun and there will be plenty of people there who can tell you anything (and more) you'd ever want to know about your car.

WWZD
                              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Dang if it was tomorrow or Sunday I could but I work Saturday until 6pm. And with the amount of hours I get each week can't afford to give up any shifts.

Skittle and Pesty.

Pesty 88 Fextiva LX

Donor of Life.
                                Auto. Donor of Life.

Comment

Working...
                                X