13x7 wheels with 0 offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
    what tire size could i get alittle stretch but not extreem. hopefully a tire that i dont have to order and can get localy
    175/70/13, but you'll be ~.5" taller (~1" overall). now if you can find 175/60 or 165/65 local, go for either of those, but i don't think you're going to be able to.

^ the 155/80s will be the same as the 175/70s... (~1" taller overall)
    Last edited by FestYboy; 10-22-2013, 11:03 PM.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I thought 0 offset puts the wheel center halfway between the edges of the rims. So on a 7" wheel that would be 3.5" back spacing.
      1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
      1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
      1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
      2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
      2005 Accord - wife's DD
      2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

correct, but it also causes a wide scrub radius and the outside edge of the wheel has more leverage to apply to the suspention while cornering.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

I'm old school, this newfangled offset stuff befuddles me.

NASCAR doesn't run a positive offset, nor did my '65 Mustang. I understand the hub is pushed out and the spindles and bearings are designed as such but what is so great about such a positive offset? It would seem 0 offset would be much more neutral, even F1 cars run near 0.
          1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
          2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
          2005 Accord - wife's DD
          2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Ummm nope!

the positive offset shrinks the scrub radius and that makes for easier steering.
            and using NASCAR or F1 to compare is like apples to filet mignon... totaly different applications.

Comment

Charlie linked me to a site with cheap tires federal brand google search federal formoza
              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                Ummm nope!

the positive offset shrinks the scrub radius and that makes for easier steering.
                ...in a MacPherson strut application. It makes sense to me now after looking at this...

I hadn't taken into consideration the difference between the strut and an upper and lower control arm. Hell, when you were born struts were starting to become mainstream, it was newfangledy along with fuel injection when I started playing with cars. Of course gasoline was $0.65/gallon then too....
                2005 Accord - wife's DD
                2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

All good info guys thanks. I'll be getting them tomorrow night yay
                  -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                  -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Where da picks at yO?

Comment

I didn't get them took last night and there is a f'ed up story to go with it now. I'll post pics and tell y'all the bed time story later

Sent from my C5170 using Tapatalk
                      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

In for f'ed up story.
                        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

^x2 this has to be good
                          Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                          Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                          Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                          WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

spoiler alert: i was in Dundalk

Comment

ok first off here are some pics

IMG_20131030_152229.jpg

IMG_20131030_152224.jpg

here are the wheels i traded. they are 16x7.5 and i didnt want to ever do what would need to be done to ever get them on my car i dont even like my 15s and would trade them for some 13' tires for my new rims and 2 14" tires for my green wheels so offers up

IMG_20131022_181336.jpg

and here is a few pics of the wheels going on my brown car, tires should have been mounted today at a friends shop.

IMG_20130815_181033.jpg

IMG_20130922_170811.jpg

and heres a few pics of the flares im modding to give me a good finished look because those wheels are 13x8s the 13x7s are going on the surf car

IMG_20130922_150056.jpg

IMG_20130922_150105.jpg

Comment

Modify your wheel wells, roll a little fender and buy extra wheel bearings. Not worth the trouble unless you really need to change handling and your suspension is better than stock. -good for racing.
                                If the only tool you have is a hammer, then every job looks like a nail.

Comment

Working...
                                X