Festy springs w/Kia struts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festy springs w/Kia struts?

Can we use Festy front springs with Rio struts, i.e. do they fit? Are the Rio springs longer? Stiffer, and if so what is the rate?
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

They fit but the rio strut is taller since they don't have the offset top hat. Will work fine, dampening is different too, can't explain how but it's better.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

i know its an old thread, but instead of buying festiva struts to replace the oem ones, i can buy rio struts and they will fit and require no customization to work?

Comment

Rio struts have a larger rod diameter. Change the mount and they will work correctly. Mounts are available from Rockauto.com at a good price. Use the ones for a 2001 Rio. That's what I used for mine. They have the bearing and the 2 hole mount pattern you need for the Festiva.
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
        X