rio strut mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rio strut mounts

I am in process of making some DIY coilovers and and curious if the Kia Rio strut mounts (front) fit on the Festiva strut? I have searched just little confused.
    1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
    1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
    2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
    2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
    2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
    1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

No they don't . You will need a bushing adapter .
    New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
      No they don't . You will need a bushing adapter .
      ok may be stupid question but what is that and where can I get them at?
      2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
      2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.

Comment

They did not fit my aspire Monroe sensatrack front struts I put on my festiva.
        I tried ones for a 02 rio not sure if they will work on the festiva struts or not.

Comment

I used the Rio struts on mine when I built them.
          Jerry
          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
            I used the Rio struts on mine when I built them.
            You used stock struts as well?

Comment

Sorry read that wrong

Comment

I used KYB struts for a 2001 Rio.
                Last edited by Team Lightning; 02-03-2014, 09:24 PM.
                Jerry
                Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I already got 4 brand new festiva struts so i curious to know if the mounts work. No big deal really. I probally go with different setup on the 2nd festiva that I not even started on yet.

Comment

They won't fit festy struts without custom built bushing . Everybody just uses rio struts as I've been reading and that's what I did, direct fit except brake line holder is a little tight .
                    Last edited by shadetree; 02-03-2014, 10:00 PM.
                    New build on the way .

Comment

OK think I will pass on this one then I still got another festy to work on so all good thanks all for the help

Comment

I'm in the middle of my re-install. I cut 1.5 coils off the rio springs and think the car still sat higher than original. Now I barely have preload assembled off car (sketchy?) You should use complete rio struts; if you can exchange the 2 front ones i suggest doing so!
                        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

This was just experimental more than anything. Believe it or not I put all 4 struts on about 2 months ago new. But I came into 4 more brand new festiva struts so decided to try some coilovers. If I decide to go that way on my other one I will use rio struts.

Comment

The 2.5 spring setup with the specific honda civic sleeves is a solid choice from the other thread by pheonix. I'm simply doing the cut stronger rio spring just to see how it goes for now. I have extra festiva and aspire springs to make up for error or overzealous lowering choices in the meantime

But your question is about the strut. If you can fabricate, make what you have work. if you can get the rios, go as much rio components as you can.
                            Last edited by getnpsi; 02-03-2014, 11:55 PM.
                            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Working...
                            X