Will these wheels fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will these wheels fit?

I have a stock 1988 Ford festiva, will these wheels fit and what size tire to use if they will fit. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rl...584s/overview/

That says 4x100 for the bolt pattern. Stock Festiva is 4x114.3. They will only fit if you have the Aspire swap.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

you can get these in a 13" wheel, I have them Koenig Incident Graphite Machined Wheels 1N53D04386
      a little price but a good looking wheel
      Free Shipping - Konig Incident Graphite Machined Wheels with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Wheels at Summit Racing.

92 GL was red automatic Ms Va., now Zinc Yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
        That says 4x100 for the bolt pattern. Stock Festiva is 4x114.3. They will only fit if you have the Aspire swap.
        It says 4x100/4.5. 4.5 is 114.3. At the bottom is also says you can get them in different bolt patterns. So if you specify 4.5 (or 114.3), it will fit.
        Last edited by TominMO; 08-21-2014, 05:22 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Welcome to the site 454Vortec, those are nice looking wheels and hey another Iowa member.
          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by 454vortec View Post
            I have a stock 1988 Ford festiva, will these wheels fit and what size tire to use if they will fit. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rl...584s/overview/
            The rims will fit if you get the 4.5 bolt pattern, and use a low profile tire, like 175/45/14 or similar, the tire should fit too. Try to keep the diameter of the tire close to the stock Festiva size. There are tire calculators on the web where you can compare tire sizes with one another.

BTW, nice rims! I'd rock them.
            Last edited by drddan; 08-21-2014, 11:43 PM.
            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

If you will go to roadkillcustoms.net they have a wheel bolt pattern tool that will tell you the bolt pattern on most vehicles. It will also tell you what other vehicles have the same pattern. I put a set of 14" 5 spokes from a late 90s Elantra on my first Festiva back in 2011. But even the narrowest 14" tire I could find scrubbed the spring plate on the strut. I had better luck with 13" steel Metro wheels. I just had to use spacers in the rear.
              Someone mentioned Miata wheels. They are 4x100 MM and won't fit Festivas. I wish they would! Those were the first ones I tried when I had my first Festiva and worked at a salvage yard. I was looking at Panasport wheels on line last night. I LOVE them but they don't come in anything smaller than 15". I really want to stick with 13"s but it's hard to find anything cool in a 13' wheel.

Comment

Jason, If you do the Aspire swap, you can run those Miata wheels. I have the solid spoke Miata wheels on my 90L.
                Oh, and Welcome!!
                Jerry
                Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
                  Jason, If you do the Aspire swap, you can run those Miata wheels. I have the solid spoke Miata wheels on my 90L.
                  Oh, and Welcome!!
                  Yeah, I know. But for some reason at least in this area Aspires are harder to find than Festivas. Since 2010 me and my landlord have bought up nerly a dozen Festivas. Some running and some parts cars. And there is a short shipping container in my back yard full of Festiva parts. But we have yet to find an Aspire. You don't see them in the local salvage yards either. That's probably because scrap metal prices got up over $11.00 per hundred lbs back in 2012 and stayed there for a long time. At that point nothing was sacred. Lots of good stuff got cubed up and sent to China to become dish washers and microwaves.

Comment

Working...
                  X