Who has the lowest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the lowest?

Whos slammed? Pics please and info on setup and any problems you ran into such as clearance, alignment, so on and so forth.

Members Builds (questions about repair or how to do something belong in the proper forum)

Comment

Haha.... That build was BEYOND ghetto. Getting ready to scrap that body now.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Agreed, But it Looked good that low.
        I think with the right wheel and tire combo you could get pretty low.

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
          Haha.... That build was BEYOND ghetto. Getting ready to scrap that body now.
          I thought it was awesome. Was it just because the chassis was trashed?

Comment

They totally ghetto'd it. Springs were cut down to nothing. They ran those steel cable locks used for locking up semi trailers through the spring and into the body to hold them in place. They cut out a huge piece of the inner fender in front of the strut tower and riveted in sheet metal for tire clearance. All on a car that had no floors and chunks of frame rail rotted away. The rear beam mounts are compromised too.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I wouldn't recommend going any lower without flipping the tie rods. They were really close to hitting the body.
              Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

By flipping tie rods do you mean cutting the knuckles and flipping that over so the taper is the correct way?

Comment

I was thinking more like something like this just need to get a insert machined with the correct taper.

At Black Forest Industries we manufacture performance parts for your VW / Volkswagen, Audi, BMW, Porsche, and Mini but we also provide maintenance repair parts as well. Keep your ride on the road, make it faster, or make it look better than it did on the showroom floor!
                  Last edited by shorestiva; 11-05-2014, 07:44 AM.
                  Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

*rolls eyes*

Comment

What size tires are on there deathrace?

Comment

Cut springs, I think a coil and a half were taken out. I didn't do it so I'm not entirely sure, I bought it this way

Comment

Working...
                        X