No announcement yet.

just more tuner Bling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a heads up. superpro might have changed part#s. i had no luck searching for SPF1478 24K. 24 mm for the GTX swaybar but the sales rep said to order SPF2918 24K and they are the correct ones. regular festiva would be SPF2918 22K.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      I would be weary of cutting and welding a sway bar back together. Sway bars are made of a high silicon content "spring" steel. High silicon steels become brittle when welded or even heated to a red state. Sway bars are heat treated after the bending process to give them the necessary rigidity to do their job.
      Most common variants of chromoly don't make good sway bars. 4140 and 4340 can be heat treated to the desired tensile strength, however they don't cycle well and will develop cracks and fail much earlier than a high silicon steel bar. I have a pile of broken ones to prove this.
      Another problem is that the Festiva handles worse and gets worse traction with a stiffer sway bar on the front. This is a common complaint from members who have used the Aspire bar on a Festiva. It's also a common understanding in the front drive world, that more bar in the front is a horrible decision.
      With all that said, a remedy to this would be to make trailing links from DOM tubing and remove the sway bar all together. Build a setup like the Rio used in the mid 2000's. I would also replace the front lower radiator support with a better design while I was at it.
      Hmm. All duly noted. I will look more into deleting the sway bar then.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
      X