Cutting my Festy's springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good! How does it ride?
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      Looking good! How does it ride?
      Couldn't resist, took it for a short drive down to McParts to get some refrigerant to charge up the Aspire's A/C before the trip. Rides nice; definitely firmer than Festy KYBs. Corners nice too, even with 155/80-13s, but I feel more confident on the V-rated Achilles. If you need new rear struts anyway, this is a great cheap upgrade.
      Last edited by TominMO; 05-05-2015, 05:20 PM.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

For the road trip, I have my 165/80-15s on the heavy Honda space-saver rims on front. Gonna try again for better MPGs via lower rpm at cruising speed. I'll keep you posted. Leaving Sunday, heading to N. Indiana to drop off and pick up some parts at Dickmeyer's, then down to FL. Meet Greg and Navdoc, pick up more parts, hang out a few hours, and head home. Around 3000 miles in 65 hours. (Schedule might be modified by fatigue.)
        Last edited by TominMO; 05-07-2015, 06:05 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Jeeze dude....that's a haul. You won't be too far off from my area.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
            Jeeze dude....that's a haul. You won't be too far off from my area.
            Meh. Quite doable, due to superpowers* and the fact that I am still young**.

* Principle superpower consists of not realizing what I can't do. Still recovering from flying attempt.
            ** Compared to this guy
            Last edited by TominMO; 05-07-2015, 10:05 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Good Luck safe travels Tom
              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                Good Luck safe travels Tom
                Thanx.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

How was the trip?
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                    How was the trip?
                    Got on the road with 3 hours sleep, had four ~2-hour catnaps during the trip. Left STL @3am Sunday, got back at 3 pm today. 2400 miles in 60 hours! Not planning on doing that again any time soon.....But it was nice to see Matt, Greg and Mike, and got to move some parts around; gas for the trip was cheaper than shipping everything. Made the 900-mile drive to Madness seem like a cakewalk.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• Jeez some people jump out of perfectly good airplanes for fun too!
                      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• 900 miles to madness? Lucky!

Comment

• BTW altho the Aspire is noticably lowered in the back, the VW rear struts soaked up the bumps very well. That and the A/C made the trip doable.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• Almost like a little bit of luxury and refinement?

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                              Almost like a little bit of luxury and refinement?
                              By Festiva standards, yes. :-) BTW the car got 37-41 mpg for the trip, depending on speed, wind, A/C usage, gravitational anomalies, etc.
                              Last edited by TominMO; 05-14-2015, 01:14 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• FWIW--one of my VW KYBs didn't last even 18 months! Just ordered two more. At least they're cheap (<$32 @ Rock Auto).

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
                                X