Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking these wheels will work just want second opinion and good tire size

image.jpg

So if I'm reading this right they'll work with stock bolt pattern or aspire swaps correct? Also I'd love to have that sptreched tire look but was wondering if this was the way to go... Thanks in advance. Hope it's okay to ask

Those should work fine.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Hey, cool find! fitting both wheel patterns, Aspire front and keep the Festiva rear set-up! Neat!
      No car too fast !

Comment

Thinking they might be too skinny but only other ones I found were 6 or 7" and they are 14's... I dunno gunna have to decide

Comment

They'll do either Festy OEM or Aspire swaps and rim width is OK but what of the 'offset' and the hub size? Hub centric is really nice to have when you're forking over serious money to play this game. Also rubbing (wheel wells and/or shocks/springs interference) is the bane of all naive, nonchalant or head-long rim and tire swappers due to rim offset (which varies considerably) and easiest way around this (if you've got Aspire fixins on the car already) is to seek out early Kia Rio alloys. At a U-Pull these will be really cheap and tire shop clearance bin Nokian 155/65-14s (in my case) were the best thing since sliced bread in keeping with OEM height and clearance to original, not rubbing at all, and achieving a highway-exotic ride well away from that of 'boat trailer' tires that I was used to.

Comment

Yup. They fit.
            You won't get any commonly available automotive tire to stretch on a 5.5" rim though. If you want a little stretch go 14x7 with a 165/50-14 tire. Good luck finding 14x7 rims though in a 36mm offset with a dual pattern.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

^Konig Lightnings work and are close to if not that wide.

These will work with no spacers with stretched tires.

http://www.konigwheels.com/Konig-Home/Konig-Passenger-Wheels/LIGHTNING-BLACK
              Last edited by sketchman; 08-18-2015, 08:46 PM.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Sketchman what size tires would you run on those and your talking about the 14x6.5 right? Thank you all for the help also plan on building my coilover a outa gr2 struts 10" front springs and 8" rear springs hope I could still run without having to roll or trim? I like those konigs and in the process of making my car black

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                  ^Konig Lightnings work and are close to if not that wide.

These will work with no spacers with stretched tires.

http://www.konigwheels.com/Konig-Home/Konig-Passenger-Wheels/LIGHTNING-BLACK
                  Good find sketch!
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I bought them a couple years ago and still have them on my car painted flat black.

I've not lowered the car yet, but I would bet you could do it without rolling fenders if you're also stretching tires.

These are 165/60/14 on the 14x6.5 Konig wheels.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Nice how much the wheels n tires run you and what bolt pattern you get

Comment

And do you have a pic of your car with them on it?

Comment

Not really sure at this point how much they cost. I use tireseasy.com because they always have the oddball sizes we need, and the 14x6.5 comes with dual pattern from discounttire.com. For both Aspire/Rio or stock Festiva.

Pic.

Last edited by sketchman; 08-19-2015, 01:13 PM.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Wheels.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Those say 14x6 and out of stock thank you for all the help thow I have the image I want for the car in my head just need to work my ass off and put it all together.
                              Last edited by NateHertz; 08-19-2015, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X