Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building the ultimate Festiva street suspension...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spike View Post
    Sorry! Ended up working 19 days straight at work. Finally got a 3 day weekend!!

It's the same set.

Installed the MK2 Caddy fronts today (didn't do rears today). With approx. 2 inches of threads left on the coilover sleeve (what I saw as Charlie's recommendation), my front height is 22 5/8" (measured from middle of fender down, using the front hub as a reference point), which is approx. 1/4" lower than it was before with KYB GR-2s and FMS springs. I'ma look through this thread and see what Advance/Charlie's height is and report back. It's really nice and low, though. Fixed my torque steer and inability to use full lock issues immediately, too!

Joe

EDIT: Can't find his numbers, but I know it was in the 22 1/4-3/4" range. If these were longer, no way I'd be that close.
    From the previous page "My front sits at about 21 1/2" from the ground with my 165/55-14 tires which are only a little bit taller than the stock 155/80-12 tires." and "Rear sits at about 21 3/8" So it seems that you are right on in the front.

Was that with the 9.5" pre-load on the front springs? Or were you just going with the measurement of threads left below the collar?
    1992 White Festiva GL Sport AKA Project "Spud Missle"

Comment

• Measurement below the collar. 150# 10" springs. I believe 175/65 14s.

Spirited driving was wonderful tonight. Turns I was pushing it taking at 60 before were one-handed at 70. Can't imagine how she'll handle after I do the rears.

Joe
      White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
      White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
      1988 LX 5-speed
      ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Just a quick one from the UK - it's proving a bit more research to find the parts over here but will these fit for the fronts:

Obviously swapping springs and top hats and then drilling out the holes to fit. Its not a bad price and on best offer too and just the fronts no need to worry about selling the rears!

Comment

• That seems to be the same as what some have ordered on this thread. I can't vouch for the mk2 caddy setup personally. We didn't get the mk2 caddy here and I haven't used that setup yet.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
            That seems to be the same as what some have ordered on this thread. I can't vouch for the mk2 caddy setup personally. We didn't get the mk2 caddy here and I haven't used that setup yet.
            Cheers Charlie - I'll talk to Hot Tuning and see if there are any differences and or if they can split the vw golf mk2 set down - done my research now and have sourced a few companies over here so should be able to do the whole kit front and rear for cheap as chips

Comment

• Just got confirmation they are exactly the same! Woohoo

Comment

Working...
              X