Capri calipers on an Aspire knuckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jason_ View Post
    Aspire auto and manual are the same caliper. The bracket is different. I'm 99.9999% sure. It was 4 years ago when I experienced on a Sunday night before work.

You can run either rotor. I ran auto on one side and manual on the other.

I would guess it's to fight the constant forward torque of the torque converter when in gear and trying to slow down.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Wrong. Manual caliper has 18V stamped in it. Auto has 22V.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Auto cars tend to have AC and sometimes PS, and 4 doors. More weight.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
        Yay

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Comment

^ correct about the markings but also about bracket swapping the caliper is 2 peace and the difference is just a few mm to compensate for the thicker rotor it's so close I bet worn out pads on a manual caliper would slip on the autos. You can also put manual rotors on an auto and the caliper will take up the 4 mms

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
            ^ correct about the markings but also about bracket swapping the caliper is 2 peace and the difference is just a few mm to compensate for the thicker rotor it's so close I bet worn out pads on a manual caliper would slip on the autos. You can also put manual rotors on an auto and the caliper will take up the 4 mms
            All this is what I suspected. Still looks like manual rotors for me, given that the Capri caliper is designed for an 18mm rotor, and I will want to put new pads in.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
              the caliper doesn't have 18 or 22V stamped on it. it's the bolt on outboard pad bracket that has this stamping. this is the only difference between an aspire caliper assembly for an AT or MT car. the 22v bracket is simply deeper to allow for the 4mm thicker AT rotor.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                the caliper doesn't have 18 or 22V stamped on it. it's the bolt on outboard pad bracket that has this stamping. this is the only difference between an aspire caliper assembly for an AT or MT car. the 22v bracket is simply deeper to allow for the 4mm thicker AT rotor.
                Ah, good to know that distinction. So maybe if I got a 22V outboard bracket I could put AT rotors on the Capri caliper?
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                X