X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe these are what he was referencing

1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
    1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
    2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

• Originally posted by TWFodor View Post
      I believe these are what he was referencing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Solo-Werks-...9a4KgF&vxp=mtr
      Yes those are the coilovers... Any thoughts on VR6 valves? Do you think they would be any diffrent from any other mk2/3 coilovers?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
      Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

• I can't imagine the VR6 valving would be that different than the 4cyl GTI's valving, but I'm no expert. You might want to ask the seller how much of difference there is. Maybe they'll have some information to give you.
        1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
        1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
        2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

• There's one kit out the that Nate had blow out in 6k miles just wanted to make sure it wasn't them. Those should work fine I doubt at theses prices anyone is really putting much r&d into different valving.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
          Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

• Originally posted by sam View Post
            Robotkarate, you mentioned you used the caddy fronts. How's the length comparison to the coilover fronts of raceland. Did you still have to re-drill the holes to fit the hub.
            The seller said they were the same exact setup as the mkii fronts. All the same modifications applied to them and they worked great!
            1999 Toyota 4Runner - daily beater
            1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD
            1986 Toyota Cressida - #stressida hmmmmmm SOLD!!

Comment

• So i contacted the seller, they said

"The valving will make the shock a bit more firm. Solo does not offer a 4cyl spec shock any longer as everyone always like the upgrade"

I looked up reviews of the coilover on vw fourms, and the people that did the review said they prefered them over racelands and they where running 4cyl vws.

I decided to buy them. I figure it shouldnt make a huge difference, and i plan to do an b6t swap down the road... At that price about $270 CAD shipped to my door, who can beat that!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
              Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

• Hey, new to modding festivas. Is there any major reason why you couldn't just use the original mk2 coilovers on the rear? Or is it just personal preference?

Comment

• welcomsign
                  Welcome Best !

Comment

• They're too long and the damping is different. They can be used but aren't optimal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by shorestiva; 07-13-2018, 11:03 AM.
                    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

• Just ordered all my bits. If any Aussiesare thinking of doing it, . Between postage and Aussi dollar, it ended up being twice the suggested. Crazy hey?

I ended up going maxpeedingrods for the front if it makes a difference.

I was Just wondering what the consensus was on slotting the front bolts. The pic in the thread at start was slotted bottom bolt up. But but the text said to slot the top bolt down.

I just got my coilovers an the top has way more meat in it. Dunno anything about camber ect though.

Thanks for the input as always guys .

Comment

• Originally posted by wack View Post
                        Just ordered all my bits. If any Aussiesare thinking of doing it, . Between postage and Aussi dollar, it ended up being twice the suggested. Crazy hey?

I ended up going maxpeedingrods for the front if it makes a difference.

I was Just wondering what the consensus was on slotting the front bolts. The pic in the thread at start was slotted bottom bolt up. But but the text said to slot the top bolt down.

I just got my coilovers an the top has way more meat in it. Dunno anything about camber ect though.

Thanks for the input as always guys .
                        The top bolt should be slotted horizontally, while the bottom bolt slots up. The picture in the beginning shows it correctly,

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
                        Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                        Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                        Feel free to PM me anytime!
                        Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                        Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

• Thanks mate, just checking before I got the die grinder out. My whole suspension has been stuffed since I had it, should be wonderful when its done ��

Comment

• I'm not modding mine, just need to replace the stock units. I have the replacements - I assume a spring compressor needed for the fronts to swap the springs over to the new shocks. But couldn't work out from the pictures in the OP if the rears just pop out and if they can be put back and the spring compressed just by jacking up the wheel?
                            Just a basic little Festiva: WF, '99 model GLXi 5 door hatch. Sports steering wheel, 14in Alloys, Sony aftermarket stereo with MP3. Nothing else of note.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitdroidtech View Post
                              I'm not modding mine, just need to replace the stock units. I have the replacements - I assume a spring compressor needed for the fronts to swap the springs over to the new shocks. But couldn't work out from the pictures in the OP if the rears just pop out and if they can be put back and the spring compressed just by jacking up the wheel?
                              Yeah, the back can be done by using a jack to lift the rear beam while you guide the strut up into the hole.
                              "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                              sigpic
                              "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                              "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                              "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                              "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• Throwing this out there- If you have the ultimate suspension and notice a creaking sound in the rear, it is probably the VW bump stops rubbing the springs if you added them of course. I've been listening to that sound for about a year. Just got done removing the bump stops and viola! total quiet back there. Well, quiet as a 30 year old Festy can reasonably be. Hope this helps someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X